Fallen Army

Fallen Demers

Dear Dark Angels experts,

I love Dark Angels fluff but I also enjoy Chaos fluff. So in order to fulfill my want to use Dark Angels but also Chaos I plan on having a Fallen Army.

Now as you sirs and madams are experts, which are the units that would be present in a Fallen army that I could take from Codex: DA?

Or if that doesn't seem to "fly" how should I make a Fallen Army using Codex: CSM?

Also any Fallen characters, like Cypher that could be used?

Technically, Cypher is no longer legal to use, but if you look hard enough for the old rules (a White Dwarf, can't remember the issue), and get your opponents consent, should be ok.

Honestly, either Codex would work....it just depends on if you are a 'purist', or perfer utter corruption.

For some ideas, check out Widowmaker's Fallen. One of my favorite Fallen armies I've seen, pretty cool stuff.

Whatever your decision, just go with what sounds like the most fun, and good luck on your build!

There are many ways to go about it obviously. However I'd say avoid the current DAs codex as it basically describes a DA 40k force - C:CSMs seems more appropriate. Also keep in mind that fluff wise the Fallen act either as individuals or in small groups. They hardly appear as a large force (say 2,000 points). In my view there are two ways to go about it:

1) Use C:CSM and just say the Lord of your force is a Fallen (along with maybe a squad of Chosen in power armour) that has either made his own warband over the millenia (with other renegades that were not affiliated to DAs) or say that your Lord joined the ranks of one of the Traitor Legions - I particularly like the idea of a Fallen psyker joining ranks with Thousand Sons...

2) Use the list form FWs Vraks campaign Vol. 1 where you see Akros - an Alpha Legion Lord - with an elite unit of Alpha Legionnaires leading what is effectively a Guard army gone traitor. It gives a nice "Lost & the Damned" feeling and pronounces further the elite nature of the Fallen. The fact that in Vraks Vol 3 we learn that Akros is actually a Fallen who joined Alpha Legion is an added bonus :).

Just my thoughts...

In C:DA the Fallen are oft described as being able to rally men to thier cause. The Voice of the Emperor (Codex: Black Templar I think) was able to rally entire planets under him before we showed up to [File Not Found] his face with a Crozius. So its far from unbeleiveable that a Fallen that has given in to Chaos would assemble a warband under him. Or a Fallen that has recently returned to realspace might try to reassmble his unit, Chapter or fighting force to figure out whats going on.

All in all its up to you. Just be warned, however, if we should meet... Dont let me take you alive ;;P

Archived