help me brothers!

hi guys i have a teensy problem...

got the boarding captain from ebay, well my girlfriend did, and the miniature is mint,

but

his head is glued on, i want the head foe a different model and love the body now,

any ideas how to remove the head without damaging the torso?

A soak in Simple Green might loosen it up if the freezer doesn't do the trick.

Of course, this is all only if the head is glued on with super glue. If it's glued on with the plastic-melting-and-merging kind of glue, well...what I would do is use my dremel and set of files to obliterate the head, being careful not to hit anything else. :cuss

lestat, i would love to go, but work won't give me the time off (i only work 4 hours on a sunday.... that sucks)

i know two people going, but one seems to still be heartbroken by myself (even after 4 or 5 years) and the other is my brother - and we don't see eye to eye...

but the model is fantastic, well worth buying

or selling at a knock down price to a friendly geordie (without sticking it together) ;)

girlfriend is putting it in the freezer as we speak, and i finish work in 4 hours - but might leave it overnight, i don't want to obliterate anything now, but the chest would be sacrificed to save the legs and head i think...

Overnight's a better bet, but it might work at four hours. Don't give up til it's sat over night though. <_<

Bottom line, a dremel will mulch whatever piece you don't want...but aim very carefully.

hi guys

its a dremmel job, and the helmet crest came off as i was trying to remove the helmet....

whoopsies, easily fixed though,

will try and get some pics up soon with what i've done

mucho thanks for all the advice though

Archived