Raven Guard Succsesor

BoldType

Hey, Im currently building an RG succsessor on the liber astartes board but have come up with a couple of questions. You see dear brothers, this chapter 'the Gene Waderns' have made it there goal to keep the shame of Corax's cloning and his degenerative seed a secret that only coraxs line should be privy to.

so my questions: Does the allseeing Inquisition know of Corax's secret clones?

Do all RG and Succsessors know?

Ic the =][= didnt know what would they do if they found out my chapter was holding info from them and

grenally being an inconveniance to their case?

Quoted from Raven Guard IA article:

The geneseed of the Raven Guard is far from stable, and a great deal of its gene-stock has become irreparably damaged, perhaps as a side effect of the accelerated gene-harvesting techniques employed many millennia ago. As a result, much of the Raven Guard's genetic material has to come from Terra ...

#1 So, it doesn't say all of it... but Terra knows there is a problem. We don't know if the =I= knows, but it's a very safe bet they do know he tampered with his gene-seed.

#2 We don't know if the Successors know. The Raptors ( 2nd Founding) IA states this:

Apocryphal legend suggests the Raptors were drawn from a company of new initiates training on the Raven Guard home world of Deliverance at the time of the infamous drop site massacre that laid the Raven Guard waste, and were spared some of the darker events that befell the Raven Guard as they attempted to rebuild.

This doesn't really suggest one way or another.

#3 I'd imagine the =I= would investigate *why* a Chapter exists just to hold the RG secret ... and that would be the tip of the iceberg. But I'm speculating and erring on the conservative side.

Humbly speaking, you have a lot of work to justify what you want to do. RG successors have historically been a serious problem in Liber specifically because of the gene-seed. I'm not saying it can't be done but expect some push back. Keep this in mind: you do not need the B+C to grant you permission to do whatever you want to do - it's YOUR army. Having said that, whatever you share here will get feedback whether you like what you are being told or not.

Good luck!

Archived