The Primarchs (BL book coming in June)

Jim Shady

Interesting book title. Shame there's naff all else info. :HQ:

Exactly brother! But looking at the price it would seem it's another Tales of Heresy/Age of Darkness filler. Hopefully it'll shed more light on the Primarchs before the Big E found them.

Hopefully ADB or someone can give a sniff of info in regards to this.

More fluff is always good. especially in regards to the primarchs. If it is a short story anthology then, hopefully, there'll be at least nine stories. That way there can be a second book but not a drawn out series within a seires. :HQ:

From the Bolthole;

'Horus Heresy four novellas compilation titled "The Primarchs" featuring tales by Nick Kyme (Ferrus Manus), Rob Sanders (Alpharius/Omegon), Gav Thorpe (The Lion), Graham McNeill (Fulgrim)'

I know we've got the Novella's coming out but I wonder if BL have taken into account the feedback they got from people about doing limited editions and not normal books.

So it seems it's going to be an anthology of the 4 Novella's being released so if you don't want to fork out £30 or what not (depending in what country your from), this seems abit of a steal.

I'm thinking these are different than the limited edition novellas, such as Promethean Sun and Aurelian. Mostly because the characters are all different. So, be prepared to drop $50 on those limited edition bad-boys still :tu:

'Horus Heresy four novellas compilation titled "The Primarchs" featuring tales by Nick Kyme (Ferrus Manus), Rob Sanders (Alpharius/Omegon), Gav Thorpe (The Lion), Graham McNeill (Fulgrim)'

No Aaron Dembski-Bowden (Aurelian) :)

I went to black library live in march and the authors said that each of the for of them would be doing a primarch. I don't think they said anything about it being limited addition. Looks interesting though.

Hail

It looks interesting. It is a pity though, that it is Gav Thorpe who will once again create a hack-slash job with the Lion, and try to implement "clever" (insert irony), schemes of divided loyalties. Aside from that obvious flaw in the author list, I am quite excited about this book.

Regards,

Master Ciaphas

I'm quite dissapointed they didn't give Alpharius/Omegon to Dan Abnett. Here's hoping Mr. Sanders does his homework and stays true to the characterizations in Legion.

He did a good job with Iron Warriors in Iron Within (Age of Darkness anthology). I think he'll manage to write Alpharius/Omegon perfectly, or almost perfectly.... well, good at least. :)

I'm quite dissapointed they didn't give Alpharius/Omegon to Dan Abnett. Here's hoping Mr. Sanders does his homework and stays true to the characterizations in Legion.

He did a good job with Iron Warriors in Iron Within (Age of Darkness anthology). I think he'll manage to write Alpharius/Omegon perfectly, or almost perfectly.... well, good at least. :D

Agreed. Rob Sanders proved himself to be a solid and exciting writer with Iron Within. I have no doubt his Alpharius/Omegon story will be just as good.

Ferrus Manus, Alpharius/Omegon, The Lion, Fulgrim

oh god, really?

can't we have stories on the other Primarchs already?

yeah, especially Fulgrim and the Lion have had their time in the spotlight....

What's been done on Ferrus Manus? He's been given barely any attention, other than his short appearances in Fulgrim.

He should wait his turn after Jaghatai. That guy is basically a non entity compared to Ferrus. Besides he appeared plentily in the Promethean Sun too.

What authors have been given which primarchs?

It's been mentioned above but here they are;

Archived