Remember the Eye of Terror?

Vinny

Hey, so I'm feeling nostalgic and I'm sitting here paging through old Codices, and lo and behold, I come across the Eye of Terror Campaign Codex. Damn, must have been, what? 6 years ago? Maybe 7?

Man, anyone still remember this? Care to join me on recounting some epic undertakings during those troubled times?

I still remember showing up to game stores, the game store manager giving us an hour with free bits provided gratis to assemble a hero worthy to take to the fields at the beginning of the campaign. I remember my deathwings smashing through Black Legionnaires left and right in the streets of some abandoned city on one of the Cadian worlds, while behind me, a game of Battlefleet gothic fought over a planet a system away continued.

Where were you when Abaddon attacked for the 13th time?? How did you bring light to the darkness and glory to the Emperor's names in those dark, dark days??

The banners of Caliban were raised, and I answered...

My Battlefleet "4th Command Armada", led by the Battle Barge "Undying Vengeance" collided with the Chaos Fleet in "Agripinaa", and we came in to the support of the Imperial Navy.

It was a draw, but we were able to come in support of the Blood Angels, and made planetfall on its Forge World.

First battles against the Chaos were commenced, with a deeming victory.

Not until Shadowguard rallied us did I leave it to the hands of Blood Angels, and fought where our Warmaster decided.

Numerous Battlefleet Gothic battles were fought, and numerous wars on the planetside after the "Planet Opener occurred". Losses were something not to be forgotten, for those did occur as well.

Our "Hidden campaign and its newsletter" was the salt of it all, and as our Shadowguard got its mark in the History of Eye of Terror.

It was amazing time to be honest... Never have I seen any scene so organized, so well thought out, how everyone pulled together on "one rope", and we did get things happen. I spent hours per day in the EoT forums, and in here for I could literally live and breath from the "Intensiveness of the feel" that "Something Grander" was in the works. "Voice of the Emperor" was just something amazing that was thrown to "Crown" the whole thing.

Well I was 10, I just liked the damn awesome models coming out!

:) youngling, you're making me feel old.

But yes, the EoT was a fantastic community effort - even if a bit before my time here.

Cheers

I

The Eye of Terror was a brilliant effort from Games Workshop and the community alike. The only thing I didn't thoroughly enjoy was the fate of Eldrad and the Blackstones, which felt a bit like a cop-out.

What I remember best though? The Lost & The Damned. I'll be damned if that's not the single most amazing, brilliant and mind-bogglingly fantastic army list they ever produced. Mutants, Plague Zombies, traitor Guard... true Chaos, Chaos as it should be. To this day, I think of that list with a fond smirk on my visage.

Oh. And I remember 56% of the loyalists that signed up were Black Templars. GG.

i fought for the Great Enemy using my Night Lords. I stormed many an Imperial stronghold and took mountains of skulls! I remember my lord flying into a guard line in turn one with his chosen and cutting them down like dogs before they could react the consolidating straight into conbat and repeating the next turn!

Those werr the days. Chaos used to be an army to be feared!!

!!Ave Dominus Nox!!

Ahh, what a fantastic Summer Campaign!

I fought the campaign as an Ordo Malleus force with Dark Angels being supported by an Inquisitor, an Assassin and a single Grey Knight Interceptor squad. I was like...17, and me and my buddies fought a long bloody campaign.

Ordo Malleus and DA v Khorne, Nids and Eldar...what a summer!

The Imperium gave as good as it got that summer with everything fought to a bloody stalemate, and the enemies of man turned to in fighting.

<_< good times. They oughta do something like that again. 4th War for Armageddon imo

I had just started 40k. I was in 6th or 7th grade i believe. But my Ultramarines Successors fought hard. I got routed by the Thousand Sons twice, then I defeated a force of Black Legion in an abandoned city, and then I allied with a Daemonhunter/Guard player for an apocalypse game against 3 chaos players which we won surprisingly easily

Archived