Finecast Inquisitor Coteaz Conversion

Ashdown

Soooo.... I didn't much care for my kit-bashing on regular PA for my Marshal. So I went this route:

103_0941.JPG

All the inquisition symbols are shaved, bird removed, hand swapped to hold the shield. Ill have to tweak the base a little to bring the shield to the proper height. Ill start painting tonight and post some updates later this weekend. Once again thanks for all the help and inspiration.

Ash

looks good, i like it, though you missed the right side of the inquisitorial '=I=' on his right pauldron, if you know what you are looking for it stands out.

yea, I noticed that, but with everything else gone, I don't think its typical looking enough. Though you're right it is the =I=, I just felt that if I shaved it, it would look plain. Thanks for the complements and the heads up comment!!!

Ash

Did you get the I on the book as well?

Yuppers, thanks for letting me know though. But after a few moments of debate with myself, I removed the shoulder markings. I realized I needed more space for more Maltese crosses.

Well about 50% done... lots more to do yet. Hope you like the idea of converting the inquister.

P.S bad photos, I know I know... its 4am and the creative juices are done. Though for some reason I had issues painting the tabard, couldnt get it to blend right.

103_0942.JPG

103_0943.JPG

Well, I tried some new techniques and wasn't able to execute as well as I would of liked to. I left the eyes super dark, I wanted to simulate war paint on the eyes (think linebacker in football). The hammer I tried painting it in the traditional power weapon colors so I could do some OSL, but it looked cartoony. So I then went with some aluminum paint that you can polish. But over all I am satisfied with him, though I wish I had done some things better. I also tried a few other products for glazing with mixed results. Any ways I hope you enjoy...

Ash

103_0945%255B1%255D.jpg

103_0947%255B1%255D.jpg

103_0944%255B1%255D.jpg

103_0948%255B1%255D.jpg

103_0946%255B2%255D.jpg

*********** Cant stand the shoulder guards, redoing them and painting them white....not happy with the current look********** other feed back is welcomed though thanks for looking.

Just doesnt seem to enough maltese cross bling... I finished it just now, but Ill post pics in the afternoon... need sleep. lol thanks again.

Ash

Archived