Dark Angels take victory against the filthy orks

Vazzy

Greetings Brothers!

So today I played in a local tourney with my Greenwing army and assorted Ravenwing and Deathwing units.

My list incuded:

2 x Tacical squads

1x devastators

1x company vets

2x Deathwing Terms one with Belial and the other with Zahariel, my libby

1x Scouts

1x Ravenwing bike squad

1x Assault squad

I placed third behind a Black Templar and an Ork player due to lack of points, funny thing is I won all my games.

First game I played Templars. First turn was a lot of posturing and moving with minimal shooting. Turn 2 all my squads opened up with the devs popping his LR, the Tac squads gunning down men in two of his Tac squads, the assault troopers exploding his dred and my scouts shooting away at his EC. By turn three all he had was two LS, an assault squad, half strength tac squads, and his EC. Unfortunately I had taken heavy casulties, losing all my scouts, and men from every one of my squads, so to quickly end the game (since we were running low on time) I had my Tac squad run and capture the objective, and ended my turn and the game.

Second Game was against Eldar, which was very slow and non actiony. I won since I was contesting an objective and held my own objective. Best part of the game was when Zahariel and his terms were ambushed by Howling Banshees. I'd fought them before and had been massacred,but suprisingly Zahariel and his men fought their way out of the ambush and contested the objective. I imagine the terms punching the Howling Banshees out, saying "Ha, jump away from this!" Casulties were one term.

Game three was against the orks. This was my best game by far. The object of the game was to have the Ork player destroy my HQ building. This was defended by belial and his Terms, the devs, both tac squads, Zahariel and his terms and my scouts. The ork player started the game charging my HQ with a looted LR carrying 20 'ard boyz with mad doc grotsnik, and two looted Valkyries each carrying twenty boyz. She managed to kill one marine but that was it. Upon my turn I proceeded to have my scouts shoot at some lootas she had near the edge, killing 5 outright. Then my Devs immobilized the looted LR. Finally the assault troops managed to take out one of Valykries with Krak grenades and the Sargeants power fist. During the assault phase, Belial and his squad assaulted the 'Ard Boyz killing four, including Grotsnik who engaged Belial in a duel. Next turn she immobilized her dred on dangerous terrain, and pulled back her other Valkyrie. Her lootas also managed to kill one of my bikes and the other squad killed six, SIX of my company vets! In the assault phase I manage to kill two more boyz, but at the cost of one term, Not worth it in my book. My turn again. The scouts kill three more lootas, with the devs killing nine more Lootas from the squad deployed in the back. My remaining company vets assault the dred wrecking it, but losing one more vet in the process. One of the Tactical squads fire their krak missile at the Valkyrie, immobilising it. Asasult phase five more boyz go down, but I lose another termie and Belial takes a wound. Darn it. The orks flee combat and my terms stand there watching. Her turn, minimal casulties as one more marine is killed by enemy fire. Upon my turn Zahariel and his men gun down the fleeing 'Ard Boyz and my scouts kill the remaining lootas. The devs killed another three orks and I ended my turn. She opts to end the game since we only have a brief amount of time anyways, and I walk away with the victory.

My Dark Angels performed spectaculary, winning all three games. We took casulties, but came out unbroken, still the Unforgiven. It just proves how competitve we can be especially when used correctly.

Congrats on the tourney outcome.

The ork fight seemed strange to me though the way you described it. First of all the objective of the game was only for the ork player to kill your building, you didn't have to kill hers? Second I assume the looted LR/valkries were counting as battle wagons? Other wise a normal looted wagon only holds 12 models. A battlewagon holds 20 so the 20 ard boys+grotsnik would also be illegal. Unless for some god awful reason you were allowing the old codex?

Yes the looted vehicles were battlewagons, with the looted LR holdig 19 boyz and grotsnik. Also, the scenario was the orks were attacking a DA outpost. Her objective was to destroy the HQ, whereas mine was to eliminate as many orks as possible. Sorry, should've made that clear

Archived