You've hooked me.

Pavement Artist

Evening all.

I've recently had an urge to start a Dark Angels army. I knew a little about the chapter, i also know they happened to be quite popular amongst my gaming friends but up until now, i hadn't properly got under the skin of the first legion.

I'm very, very impressed. I'm a casual (read shambolic) gamer and an average painter, so when i go for an army, i look for the story to sustain me. Dark Angels have in my opinion, the most compelling background of any of the first founding chapters. An extremely proud legion still atoning for a 10,000 year old lapse? It's a Shakesperean arc if i've ever seen one.

I'm looking forward to joining the ranks of the unforgiven and i shall pop pictures up of models as and when i finish them (wont be for a month or so at least, got to build/paint 100 ghouls for a doubles tournament.)

Cheers, Witchunter Kraine.

It never ceases to amaze me that the defining characteristic for our chapter is our story. With other chapters, people mostly focus on how cool the models look are how they can build a powerful army and smash their meta game. For us, we our forever linked in our never ending purge the taint of our Fallen brothers.

Welcome to the Rock.

It never ceases to amaze me that the defining characteristic for our chapter is our story. With other chapters, people mostly focus on how cool the models look are how they can build a powerful army and smash their meta game. For us, we our forever linked in our never ending purge the taint of our Fallen brothers.

Welcome to the Rock.

Exactly! my video-gaming friends are looking at getting Space Marine, and wondered about chapters etc. So i linked them Lexicanum, 3 of them chose Dark Angels based purely on our fluff!

Welcome to the Rock Brother!

First the Ophidium Gulf, and now this.... sweet Emperor's teeth!

That's what you get for treating your scouts like cannon fodder! We treat them as elites!

Welcome to the Rock, brother! Free cookies are down in section 7, subsection A, corridor 57, cell 119. Ignore any screams you hear, that's just there to add atmosphere.

I've got a nice black prayer bead for you for when you bring in your first Fallen.

I'm an old Black Templars player so i'm looking forward to Chaplaining it up.

Wilhelm, you scare me man. It's like you instinctively know about these sort of things <_<

And don't worry, i'm still a massive advocate of the Templars.

Kovash: Absolutely mate. The background is what sustains me when i play an army. I couldn't care less about how the force performs in the meta game, im in it for the setting. The Dark Angels codex is in the same situation as the chaos one and i still love my Alpha Legion.

Thanks for the welcome guys, you've been great.

I've got a nice black prayer bead for you for when you bring in your first Fallen.

I'm an old Black Templars player so i'm looking forward to Chaplaining it up.

Wilhelm, you scare me man. It's like you instinctively know about these sort of things :D

Maybe someone watches the Watchers in the Dark? Just sayin' :)

Archived