BA take 4th at SA Nationals.

Morticon

aah man, youre in a small bit of a pickle here.

See, i believe that the DC are a better choice in general, and will do more for you generally speaking, but in terms of this list, Id possibly consider the RAS more.

In the list I had, I had additional fighty support in the form of the van vets. This took the load off the other squads.

In your case, the only infantry you have are the 3 scoring units, and then the DC.

If you have one of the 5man RAS squads back, it means you have the DC, a 5man support squad (shooting usually) and then the 10 man up front. Thats it.

I think the RAS would maybe be the smarter choice. HOWEVER,

if you wanted the DC, i would potentially consider throwing them in, but, swapping out the Baal, for a TLHF razor, with PW/MG squad instead. Same points!

Then i would also consider moving 1 of the 3 bikers to its own slot!

This will make you lose a little bit on the shooting, but with the additional fighty support, and additional options i think you may be in a better position.

Maybe ask the board their opinions there.

See, with your style as is, youre going much more of a shooty/counter role than I was.

I think play test it with the DC. Its scary, and it has potential. Personally, id be soooorely tempted to drop the one MM biker to a HB for wounds shenanigans, and then get the extra fist in the DC! But play with the DC first, then with the RAS and see what you like more.

Oh well, there I am between a rock and a hard place B)

Well the big question remains and I`m left undecided... Exchanging the DC with a RAS means that I will mainly be exchanging scoring power with raw killing power. At 1850 3 (possibly 4) scoring units are already pushing it, but the shear terror factor of the DC is very tempting. Also I will be leaving two melta`s at the armory as well. The rhino is also prone to be out of the game and costing the mobility of the DC. Quite a conundrum... The gaming environment seems to be mainly consisted of MEQ (Grey knights - Space Wolves - Dark Angels - Nurgle marines and Pedro wing with a splash of tyranids and IG). I like your idea to drop a Baal for a Rback, however this might negatively affect my 13 armor saturation. Furthermore having 2 baals that might and most probably will make an 18" scout move to go behind enemy lines to hunt support squads also seems like a good idea to put the pressure up! I have really liked how your army works together, in my case I feel like I would be more comfortable to put pressure on my opponents with DC + Mephiston and an assault squad while the Baals and AB`s harass the enemy flanks under the fire support of the preds and rbacks.

Dropping a further melta from the AB`s seem a little risky reducing my melta count further... If I need a piece of armor dead 3 meltas will be very helpful instead on 2. The wound allocation sheninagans are really tempting though...

I can hear the cries of the DC already, it seems that I will opt for the DC and make a 7 man squad with 2 PW 1 PF Rhino and EA would you think that two PW`s are not as good as two PF?

Any other comments are also welcome :tu:

Archived