Magnets

Cold Fire

Hey

I am in the UK and I have a Mk IV FW Dread that I am about to start painting.

I would like to magnetise the arms so that if at a later date I decide on different weapons I can go that way.

I am also looking at starting to magnetise my sergeants and captains etc, for the same reasons as above.

I am trying to find out the best size of magnets to get and if there is a recommended seller, be it a store or on eBay, that I can purchase them from.

Thanks in advance.

I've found 1/16"X1/32" discs are useful for magnetizing small bits, such as at a wrist to hold a weapon to an arm. I mostly use 1/8"X1/16", though, because I usually magnetize whole arms at the shoulder joint. The 1/8" discs are also good for a variety of vehicle magnetizing jobs. I haven't yet found a need for 3/16" or larger sizes.

Personally I get my magnets direct from http://www.kjmagnetics.com/, but as you're in the UK you probably can find a less expensive local source.

Again, it depends. I leave the molded arm peg on my Dreadnoughts and just add one 1/8" magnet next to the arm peg to keep the weapon positioned correctly. I suspect others completely replace the peg with a larger magnet.

Archived