Space marine pose?

moj0

So after receiving my 2 orders from forgeworld and started building squads I decided to go all out and try and make them as different as I can from one another.

After 1 squad I feel like I have a problem.

Im going to run out of cool things to do. Like there just isn\'t enough poses I can do with the basic kits and some spare parts without going haywire cutting them up and GS it all back together.

So BnC, please... I need tips here on what to do.

Here is a example of the first squad. Mind you this is a crimson fist army also.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/dam...by/c6194a5f.jpg

The basic Tac Squad kit is fairly limited, but if you're willing to mix in Assault Squad bitz, it opens things up. You can do running Marines, for one thing. I've also had good luck cutting the bolt pistols off Assault Marine arms and replacing them with bolters. There's also a lot of room for having Marines holding combat knives and suchlike.

As you can see by the picture, I have some assault squad bits and FW bits also but what i decided on was to keep possibly 3-4 marines per squad (Including the sarg) to have some small conversions done to them and keep the rest of the marines rank and file.

Keeps my squads looking different while still keeping it simple and not going OTT

Try cutting and re-positioning legs. You'll need to sculpt in GS to fill the gaps, but that could help. I'm going to be having to do that with my Word Bearers, because the rocky bases I'm making for them aren't anywhere near as stable as a plastic roundie or a slottabase, and the standard leg poses just don't always quite fit.

Then again, you're also right, as a loyalist there's a lot of things you just can't do, like cut a leg off and replace it with a tentacle or something.

Archived