Ravenwing Question

SeraphimDarkAngels

A friend and I were playing a game and I took a fully loaded Ravenwing squad, and added the Landspeeder, the game got under way and a question came up that i haven't found the answer to, please forgive me if this is an easy question.

I charged my Ravenwing forward and the Speeder got shot, the question came up if the Speeder is considered part of the squad than how would wound allocation work since the speeder is a vehicle with no attached saves for it?

:huh:

Yep breng77 has it. Page 27 of the DA Codex.

Plus I recommend you turn the corner of that page down as you'll be needing to constantly prove your RAS Speeder is scoring despite being a vehicle ^_^.

Cheers

I

To add to Breng: The attack bike and landspeeder are also separate kill points.

And Bikes can NOT go up buildings. They have to remain on the ground floor. You can only capture those points of interest with your speeder if you're doing an all ravenwing army.

And you cannot outflank if you purchase the Land speeder as it comes into play with your bikes.

To add to Breng: The attack bike and landspeeder are also separate kill points.

And Bikes can NOT go up buildings. They have to remain on the ground floor. You can only capture those points of interest with your speeder if you're doing an all ravenwing army.

And you cannot outflank if you purchase the Land speeder as it comes into play with your bikes.

not so, both attack bike and landspeeder are scoring always "...from then on they always operate as a completely independent scoring units of one model." this works regardless of the squads force organization chart spot(aka with or without Sammaels presence).

While you are technically correct, you missunderstood the point he was making.

The point was that if the objectives are placed on the third story of a building your bikes can't reach them, but the speeders can.

This is why I advocate using counter objective shenanigans... By placing an objective on the ground or second floor in or near 1 or more tall buildings you create a bubble where another objective can not be placed. This isn't cheating any more than placing all of the objectives on the 3rd floor when facing a bike army... But it sure does make for a more friendly game when you don't start off with pulling such a D-bag move like placing all the objectives where your opponent can't reach.

Archived