Hiya!

Cynic

Hi all.

This is pretty much the obligatory post to introduce myself to the forum. I've only recently come back to the 40K game after many years with other different game systems.

A little about me: I have dabbled in RPGs and counter-tile table top wargames since highschool. I bought the Space Crusade boardgame in a toyshop, enamoured by the different components and models (gave this to my brother some years ago, and now this has gone too). This was my first intro to the 40K universe.

I haven't played 40K since the second edition days but when I looked at the contents of the Black Reach starter set, well it was one of those "It must be mine!" moments. What you get with that set is a good deal for me as I had previously sold off the armies over the years (Dark Angels and Nurgle Chaos Space Marines. If anyone in Australia bought black painted Chaos marines with purple and green detail, those were once mine).

So, yes I am rebuilding a couple of armies right now of the powered armour variety. Presently working on both a DIY Chapter of Space Marines (BTW is Deathstalkers taken as a Chapter name?), and a Thousands Sons army.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled program...

Archived