Scibor and Kabuki minis

ShasVa

Does anyone know how big the Scibor and Kabuki minis are when compared to each other?

Kabuki (and to a lesser extent vladminiatures) have appropriate Primarch models (but none have Alpharius or Omegon :) ), and Scibor has a suitable model for the Emperor (guess which one). This is all for a potential revival of my Altaverse 40K project.

Last time I tried this project, I couldn't truescale any model so I ended up just making them from normal-scale 40k bitz. They were alright, but received a fair amount of critcism for their scale. Thus, I'm resolving to not do that this time around, if the project is viable.

Thanks Jono, but what is "PA"? I'm not familiar with the term, sorry.

I've had their "Caezer of Rome" SF mini before. It was and is a most impressive representation of you-know-who, once painted up to a great standard.

Altaverse project aside (it may not happen, too much work, best to stick with my Sallies project), I may yet still buy this mini again, to serve as a display piece. :ph34r:

I think GW doesn't make their own models of these characters is because they have no pertinence to the table-top game whatsoever. You cannot use them at all. On top of that, if you could use them, maybe pre-heresy apoc battle, there wouldn't be enough people buying them etc. to make it worth it, it just doesn't make sense economicaly. Before you say it's not about the money, it is, GW is a company that is required to do what's best for it and it's stockholders economicaly. That's just how it is.

It also leaves more up to the artist etc. to do, imo it's more fun this way.

I think GW doesn't make their own models of these characters is because they have no pertinence to the table-top game whatsoever. You cannot use them at all. On top of that, if you could use them, maybe pre-heresy apoc battle, there wouldn't be enough people buying them etc. to make it worth it, it just doesn't make sense economicaly. Before you say it's not about the money, it is, GW is a company that is required to do what's best for it and it's stockholders economicaly. That's just how it is.

Be that as it may, we can all hope that with Forgeworlds current Crusade/Pre-Heresy direction, it is not beyond the scope of reality that some official (as official as FW can be) models will see production.

Jono

And you think that the new old-style land raider that costs no less than 80 pounds will sell like crazy?

Forgeworld doesn't produce(up until now that is)pieces that are targeted for the table top but as display pieces.

OFC since the new codex forgeworld(imperial guard)and 6th editions flyer rules,we can expect them to fill us with FW stuff.

And that will be the end of 40k for me,but thats another topic.

Archived