Predator (Yautja) meets WH40,000

b1soul

Prometheus anyone? ;)

yes please

also I've heard that a third AvP movie will be made, and it's finally going to be set in space, where the franchise belongs

the first and second AvP films were disappointing to say the least

• 2 weeks later...

Great work! I agree with the selective use of source material. An experianced Predator would be a worthy fight for the Astartes.

Keep up the work and I'll be sure to read.

You sir, are a genius. Taking two of my favorite sci-fi comics/ games and brought them together. I'm looking forward to new chapters, I cannot wait is there more written elsewhere? And One more question when does the book get released?

I would like to say also, you didn't have to make Warkha go through a worm hole. You could have easily included Yaujta in the 40k universe if you assume that all the other fluff for predators occurs in early human space travel, WAY before 40k. In fact in the Amicus forum there's a discussion listing films that could be considered ancient human history vidlogs.

What thread is this? B)

Thanks a lot for the support guys, it's really appreciated

I've already typed more than a chapter's worth of additional material...I might as well polish it and post it. I was thinking of completing several chapters before posting again, but that would probably take a bit too long (as I'm currently preparing for some very important exams)

I'm definitely basing the predator in the story on some of the more impressive portrayals of the character.

One of the predators I had in mind while writing was the predator in the game Predator Concrete Jungle. It's an old game but fellow predator fans might be interested. A few Youtube links:

b1soul I am loving this. You are a very good writer. I thought I might have been a decent amateur writer but you blow me away. It seems very professional. I cant wait for the next few chapters either.

Random thought: Once you finish it you could easily have it published on amazon.com on your own and sell it for a dollar or two as a digital only copy for the kindle. I was perusing on there recently and noticed quite a few unknown authors selling books on the cheap then saw a news special on how a couple people had made thousands or hundreds of thousands just by selling a bunch of copies. I am not going to say that you will do that but you might be able to make a decent bit if you link it through your signature here on B&C.

Just a thought.

Keep it up and good luck on the exams!

b1soul I am loving this. You are a very good writer. I thought I might have been a decent amateur writer but you blow me away. It seems very professional. I cant wait for the next few chapters either.

Thanks a lot! You could IM me some of your fanfiction. I'm always interested in reading the works of others. You might be a lot better than you think (most people tend to be most critical of their own work)

Random thought: Once you finish it you could easily have it published on amazon.com on your own and sell it for a dollar or two as a digital only copy for the kindle. I was perusing on there recently and noticed quite a few unknown authors selling books on the cheap then saw a news special on how a couple people had made thousands or hundreds of thousands just by selling a bunch of copies. I am not going to say that you will do that but you might be able to make a decent bit if you link it through your signature here on B&C. Just a thought.

I'm afraid that 20th Century Fox would end up suing me for using their IP, but I'm flattered that you think my story would actually sell :)

Keep it up and good luck on the exams!

Thanks! Exams and other busy stuff in life really do slow down my writing process because 1) I'm a perfectionist who agonises over all the little details and 2) I'm a slow writer to begin with. Actually right now, the biggest issue for me is to plot out the first encounter between predator and SM

I've outlined several ideas, fleshed one out, and ended up rewriting half of it...I guess I just want to strike that perfect balance :)

b1soul I really havent written anything other than IA's in a long time... it might be time to start something up again.

You know I didnt think about them suing you for IP infringement... good thought. Are you in law school? haha

I guess I will have to wait for the next installment!

Nice ending...

When do we get more.

In a bit, I'm probably going to edit that last installment. I went through it again after posting, and I think it needs to be modified to flow more smoothly. Also, I think I strayed into bolter p0rn territory :lol:

It is good. I agree with you that the start did not flow as smoothly as you would have liked , but the combat scene flowed well. Keep it up!

I should probably switch up the paragraph order in the beginning. I'd like to streamline some of the sentence structure in the combat scene. The combat with the nob should be shortened. I think it drags a bit.

Yeah I would agree. i think it works a lot better now. I am going to PM you something I have been working on this week. Let me know what you think!

I just PMed you. Yeah, every time I read something I've written, I always find something that can be improved. I just edited Chapter VII again :P

Chapter VIII should be fun to write. Valerian's about to get a surprise

As usual, really nice work. Really looking forward to the next bit, will we start getting into the full on Marine v. Predator stuff? Maybe another bit from the Pred's POV, following and admiring Valerian's talents, thinking what a great hunt he'll be, etc, etc?

As usual, really nice work. Really looking forward to the next bit, will we start getting into the full on Marine v. Predator stuff? Maybe another bit from the Pred's POV, following and admiring Valerian's talents, thinking what a great hunt he'll be, etc, etc?

I see you're able to read minds. Indeed, my plan is to provide some predator POV followed by the first actual encounter between the two ;)

Archived