Land Speeder Storm

D-USA

Purchased me a fancy Land Speeder Storm last night and was looking over the assembly guide last night to figure out how to best magnetize the weapons to switch them out later, but the only instructions included was how to attach the heavy bolter. Sure enough, after looking through the box, no other weapons are included.

What are my options for getting access to the other weapons? From what I have seen so I am thinking that my best bet might be to just purchase a regular land speeder as well, and use the weapons that mount underneath on the Storm.

Also an additional question on all the extra scouts hanging on the storm. Do you guys attach them at all? Maybe magnetize them so that they can be on the storm while it is transporting, then take them off to show it is not flying empty? Other suggestions?

Thanks

Which side of the pond do you live on? If you're in the US, the Warstore is an excellent bits site where you can buy a Biker Multi Melta, which fits perfectly.

As for the scouts, I used them for actual scouts and never mounter them in the Storm. I mean, I don't have ten guys packed in my Rhino, why should I waste awesome Scout parts on sticking them on a vehicle where they'll never get any use? Plus, some of those legs can be easily converted to give your scouts some unique movement. Like so...

gallery_37532_5399_219950.png

I run a storm in every list I play.

If you don't mind buying a land-speeder then the under-slung weapons mount is an easy answer to the problem, you will lose the cerberus launcher on the nose though.

I only run mine with the HB or a multi-melta however, and both of those can be modelled in the gunner position very easily (if you have the bits, the best one is the landspeeder MM tbh although I used 2 normal melta guns glued side by side for a while) the other options are nice, but when it's (normally) a suicide mission vehicle hitting on a 4+ the assault cannon is very pricey, leaving only the heavy flamer which while viable is not an option I favour.

My scout occupants are all magnetized, but I just leave them out and run the storm empty because it usually turns up, deploys it's squad and then hides / dies! Putting the guys on then taking them off when they disembark sounds nice, but is more trouble than it's worth. Either glue them in or leave them out.

Yeah, I will play around with it a bit.

The Storm is a neat concept, but it seems like it was not executed very well. Besides the fact that it is only supplied with one of the three weapon choices it can be fielded with, the one weapon seems to be mounted on a bad place. If I mount a Heavy Flamer where the Heavy Bolter is mounted, then I am potentially at a disadvantage when it comes to placing the template. Mounting the heavy flamer below (especially with magnets to make it turn and give it a 360 template arc of fire (would that be legal?)) would be better game-wise.

Probably just gonna by a Land Speeder (always a good fast attack choice as well) and see what I can do. I would imagine I can mount the assault launcher somewhere else or green stuff an alternative...)

I used a dreadnaught heavy flamer, and just chopped it in half, mounted the barrel/nozzle right way up and the body upside down, and mounted it as the heavy bolter (may have used the HB bracket). For looks I added a fuel line out of guitar wire. Looks like it was designed that way, most people ask me why their kit didn't have one :)

RoV

Archived