Random Bitz Bags

So, in order to refill my bitsbox and find some new ideas for minis, I just want to get a large number of random bits. Now I've searched around some bit selling sites and Ebay, but other than the Grab Bag on Warstore, I haven't found anything good.

So, has anyone ever gotten the bag from the Warstore? If yes, what kind of stuff was in there? From the picture, it looks like they waste a lot of room with pieces of sprue.

Or does anyone know a source for such collections of random bits you can buy in bulk?

Any pointers are appreciated ^^

Cheers,

Peter

I've heard it described as a bag of the crap left over once they'd sold the lucrative, sought-after bits people actually want, but maybe that was the luck of the draw.

Any commercial operator who knows what they're doing is going to sell the good stuff separately for way more cash. A proper bitz box is assembled over many years of buying and trading a wide variety of toy soldiers from multiple armies. I don't think there's a real shortcut except inheriting a collection from somebody getting out of the hobby. You can sometimes find that sort of thing on eBay, but it requires luck or a bit of gambling. The "entire collection thrown up in a single auction with no reserve by some poor git's partner/parents" is the jackpot.

Unless you're really lucky, those bits bags are more for getting bits for bases and dioramas. As said, the more useful bits will be sold separately. That doesn't mean that the bag wont contain something that has a useful detail that just requires cutting off. Try also searching ebay for those "I'm selling on behalf of my son" type auctions. They're normally reasonably priced and often include collectible bits from presents and swaps, just be prepared to clean them up and sell off the stuff you don't want.

Actually, my buddy lordofplague picked up the Grab bag from the Warstore, and got one hell of a pack of bits. It may have been luck, but he had a lot of good stuff in there, including enough parts for almost 3 termies, and a multi melta arm for the AoBR Dread.

I guess you gotta ask yourself..."Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya?!? :P

I've bought random collections of parts off eBay before now, and they've normally been good. Granted, you get quite a few parts you'll never use, Imperial Guard Las guns stand out for me, but there's a lot of good stuff to use as well that otherwise you'd never have got.

I've added a lot of variation to the pouches and grenades my Marines wear from those. :lol:

Thanks for the answers guys. So besides the Warstore and random Ebay deals, there's nothing?

I've actually got quite a large collection of bitz (that's some premium Freud right there) and enough Marine parts to build about half a battle company, I'm mainly looking for an assortment of random arms and heads for various Necromunda/][munda projects and some mechanical bitz for Mech and Vehicle conversions.

The main problem I have with the Warstore bag is that there's just the big one, and 24,99 plus shipping to Europe is a lot of money for a bag full of old sprue. If there was a smaller one for 10$ or something somewhere, I'd be less reluctant to try my luck.

My Bits bag had enough for 5 marines, 2-3 DE (this was shortly after their release) a bunch of cool Mauder Horses. And then a ton of other stuff (A full metal dark reaper even too)

Was it worth it? Dunno

Had some wicked cool stuff though for sure.

Well, Warstore bag is unfortunately out of the picture now. Even though my previous, enormous order of individual bits only cost me about 5$ in shipping, the bag would require 20$ for shipping Oo

But if anyone knows any other sites who offer similar deals, I'd be happy to take a look.

Archived