Great feats of the Dark Angels

WatchCaptainAzrael

Hail battle-bros.

A thought has been rearing its ugly head every now and again at random times. Namely, that our beloved chapter is one of the most famous and iconic in the Imperium, despite its tendency to act solo in campaigns and divert a lot of time and resources to hunting the Fallen to the occasional detriment of the Imperium. It jumps to mind that either these accounts are exaggerated, or that the aspect of the Hunt is excessively present in the fluff and the Dark Angels' operations against the (other) enemies of Mankind are so great that they eclipse their operational idiosyncrasies. Heck, the second to last Ravenwing master died while taking a bad turn around a Chaos Titan's feet, which presumably was taken out in the end as Sammael survived to become Master in his stead. That's a pretty big battle they were involved in, how come there's only the information that it happened "somewhere, sometime"?

So, what unwritten feats unrelated to Fallen hunting are these, that don't seem to have made it to their Codex? Have they been committed to writing in any way, shape or form, or do they just hover shapelessly in the background repeating "teh das r aweshum and hunt teh fallen too lol" like an obnoxious balloon fish in the warp, taunting the faithful and spurring the naysayers towards backbiting?

Well, for one thing, the Dark Angels made Ghazzkull Thraka run for his life when it usually takes a coalition of Chapters, IG Regiments, and Badass Grampa.

There was also a far older tale of the Deathwing and how the armour came to be bone white, where a scant handful of Terminators fought off pretty much an entire world of Genestealers.

We do get about. It's just ot the main focus GWS is taking with us.

Remember brother,ours is not a chapter that announces its arrival for all to see.Neither we re loud about out wars and battles.

Our forces deploy make their things and go.Remember how the siege of vraks(or our operation in it)went.

We deployed our forces,smashed the opposition,did what we had to do and left.

I believe this is the tactical doctrine the DA employ throughout their ops not just fallen apprehension fluff wise.

Now as per 'real-wise' indeed our wars are not as documented as other chapters.Even in our own dex.

However there seems that in every deployment made by the DA more were at stake than the world in question both for the chapter and the imperium as a whole.

We can expect more indepth analysis in the next dex IMHO.

And brother WGXH is right.What other chapter stopped dead in its tracks one of the largest waaaghs,with the best leader ever?

The only downside is that we lost Naaman in the process.....

Not a downside at all. Naaman, like so many before him, tasted the sweet nectar of martyrdom in the name of Primarch and Emperor. What more can a Space Marine aspire for?

Then the Ultras came, took his remains and used them to vat grow an old man scout called Telion. >_>

That said, I get that the DAs don't announce their comings and goings, but the over saturation of Fallen hunting accounts in detriment to the victories against normal foes not bragged about is just annoying. At some point you can't help but wonder why the heck there hasn't been a major investigation into a chapter and successors that would've pretty much gone rogue without those unsung major victories that float around in the background. Kinda sad that their "well-thought out campaigns" are not given more attention than a space hunt for a needle in a haystack, especially as they've proven to not be immune to character development as a chapter (termies changing their color after a vital success, for instance). :/

Not a downside at all. Naaman, like so many before him, tasted the sweet nectar of martyrdom in the name of Primarch and Emperor. What more can a Space Marine aspire for?

Then the Ultras came, took his remains and used them to vat grow an old man scout called Telion. >_>

That said, I get that the DAs don't announce their comings and goings, but the over saturation of Fallen hunting accounts in detriment to the victories against normal foes not bragged about is just annoying. At some point you can't help but wonder why the heck there hasn't been a major investigation into a chapter and successors that would've pretty much gone rogue without those unsung major victories that float around in the background. Kinda sad that their "well-thought out campaigns" are not given more attention than a space hunt for a needle in a haystack, especially as they've proven to not be immune to character development as a chapter (termies changing their color after a vital success, for instance). :/

For me its a downsinde.Cause Naamas concept was cool.And his model was cool too.

Telion is a copy cat therefore not cool.

As for the investigation,there is no evidence left usually to point any suspicions.And i believe that the DA are more than adept to cover their tracks.

I cant remember from which novel it is,but i remember an inquisitor discovering about the secret.He was so badly wounded that he was going to die from blood loss.There goes the interrogator saying something like:Thank for making this easy so i dont have to kill you...

Archived