Ravenwing Landspeeder

Spacefrisian

Now i know that when you take Samuel is taken Ravenwing become troops and so do there Landspeeders wich can also score but...

Need to confirm if i read and understand the following correctly. P27 "Attack bike and Landspeeder.... operate completely independent scoring units of 1 model",

does that mean that regardless if they are fast or troops they can always claim objectives since they are scorng units?

I'm pretty sure it states in the rule book that vehicles can not capture, I don't have the book infront of me so I cannot quote the page. But, no Land Speeders may never capture.

Codex trumps BRB. They could have FAQ'd/errata'd it out, but they haven't. So it still stands.

Now i know that when you take Samuel is taken Ravenwing become troops and so do there Landspeeders wich can also score but...

Need to confirm if i read and understand the following correctly. P27 "Attack bike and Landspeeder.... operate completely independent scoring units of 1 model",

does that mean that regardless if they are fast or troops they can always claim objectives since they are scorng units?

I would have to say that opinion is thus(we agree that you have purchuched sammy for your list):

RW bike squadron(with landspeeder)purchased as troops:All units scoring.

RW bike squadron(with landspeeder)purchased as fast attack:No scoring units.

I dont believe he makes all of them scoring only those purchased as troops choices are scoring.

Same stands for all the FOC 'jumping' units.Unless it is stated that are purchased as troops only choices,which i think havent seen anywhere.

The AB and LS from a RAS Sqn are ALWAYS scoring units of one model, whether or not you take Sammy and whether or not they are FA or Troops.

The bikes in the RAS only score IF you take Sammy, and then only the ones you designate as troops choices.

It's all there in black and white. ENJOY!!!!

s

I would have to say that opinion is thus(we agree that you have purchuched sammy for your list):

RW bike squadron(with landspeeder)purchased as troops:All units scoring.

RW bike squadron(with landspeeder)purchased as fast attack:No scoring units.

I dont believe he makes all of them scoring only those purchased as troops choices are scoring.

Same stands for all the FOC 'jumping' units.Unless it is stated that are purchased as troops only choices,which i think havent seen anywhere.

This confuses me, Belial does the same thing for terminators and don't we count all the terminators we take (troops and elites) as scoring? I thought there was a difference between "troops" that can score because they're troops and "scoring units" that score because they're under a special rule (Belial or Samaiel) but in the end both groups can score.

Otherwise you'd have to differentiate between your "scoring" terminators (those taken as troops) and your "elite" terminators (those taken normally under the FOC).

Do I have this wrong?

Puck: It's a little different for the DW, for them the only DWS that score are ones that are taken as troops choices if and when Belial is in the force.

For RW see my post above :P

stobz

BTW: I am a firm believer in telling my opponent which are taken as scoring before the battle, and I remind him if he asks during too :P

This begs another question...it says in the codex that we cant use the scout move to turbo boost, and yet the main rulebook FAQ states clearly that YES you can turbo boost during a scout move! So :P ?

Just like the points difference between units the lake of a scout move for our bikes is a codex specific trait. A F@#&'ed up trait but one non the less, if they wanted to change it they would have.

That being said I can understand them doing that to us, our bikes all have the teleporter hammers and with DWA it could be considered over powered/cheese for a troop choice combo.

No its without Sammy, iam reffering to the always scoring part of p27, they are fast on the FoC chart.

If you and your opponent have not discussed it and agreed to some kind of change and are therefore playing by default Rules as Written, then yes, the attack bike and speeder of a Ravenwing Attack Squadron always count as separate, individual scoring units. This rule completely disregards where the RAS sits in the FOC for the game. This can obviously be modified by table/house rules per agreement of both players.

I'll state that I don't agree with scoring speeders, but that's just my opinion on it.

RAW is clear that they are individual scoring units regardless of Sam being there or not. It's just a special rule that was placed in our Codex. The bikes cannot turbo-boost scout move as that is also clearly written in our codex.

Deathwing is different as they are just turned into Troop choices when Belial is used.

If it sounds cheesy for you, then don't play them like that. Just play how you want to with your opponent's agreement using house rules.

But if you go to a tourney, just note that its legal to use them as such.

The bikes cannot turbo-boost scout move as that is also clearly written in our codex.

Ok im sorry but i disagree here, the core book FAQ that is more recent then our own codex, in fact than our own codexes book edition, has to surpass an outdated entry.

Why did they not put it in our FAQ? well the way i see it, there was no need, as scouts is a universal rule, and by altering an FAQ of the corebook they no longer needed to ratify it in our codex.

Hence you see an updated FAQ about a special rule wont over write our entry, it ignores it completely...at least thats how the GW emplyees have been explaining it around here...now i understand this could vary by area, but as far i know and see, it makes sense

No, a Codex overrides the rulebook's FAQ – that is how the rules cascade hierarchy works. Anyone telling you differently is wrong I'm afraid. DA bikes as they currently stand CANNOT turbo-boost during their Scout move.

Cheers

I

Archived