Question about the Valkryie

Do you mean the engines on top of the crew compartment?

Honestly not trying to sound like a smart ass, but what makes it VTOL are the thrusters at the ends of the wings, not the big engines on top, as they don't rotate or anything like that. I have some Valk kits I recently purchased that were assembled and painted, so I'm pulling them apart and stripping them, and could provide photos.

Do you mean the engines on top of the crew compartment?

Honestly not trying to sound like a smart ass, but what makes it VTOL are the thrusters at the ends of the wings, not the big engines on top, as they don't rotate or anything like that. I have some Valk kits I recently purchased that were assembled and painted, so I'm pulling them apart and stripping them, and could provide photos.

If I had meant the engines on top of the crew compartment I would have said the engines on top of the crew compartment. I am asking about the smaller VTOL engines. I'm not sure where they are on the model, but based on the pictures on the GW website I'm guessing they're at the tips of the wings.

Excluding the little nubbins around the outside, the wingtip VTOL engines are almost exactly 3/8" in diameter (a hair under 1cm for those who have moved on to the SI system). I used 3/8" diameter tubing to extend them for my Stormraven conversion, and they fit on the end of the tubing just about perfectly (again, excluding the stupid little nubbins; I shaved them off of mine).

I know it's not a picture, but it might help.

Excluding the little nubbins around the outside, the wingtip VTOL engines are almost exactly 3/8" in diameter (a hair under 1cm for those who have moved on to the SI system). I used 3/8" diameter tubing to extend them for my Stormraven conversion, and they fit on the end of the tubing just about perfectly (again, excluding the stupid little nubbins; I shaved them off of mine).

I know it's not a picture, but it might help.

That actually does help a lot. Just one question, can you be more specific as to the 'nubbins' you mentioned? IE, what are you referring to?

That actually does help a lot. Just one question, can you be more specific as to the 'nubbins' you mentioned? IE, what are you referring to?

If you look at a pic of the VTOL engines, you will see that they are ringed with a set of what appear to be large rivets. These are what I am referring to.

Due to the way the engines are made, these nubbins make removing the mold lines quite annoying. I just shave 'em off with the mold lines (as they look silly anyway).

If I had meant the engines on top of the crew compartment I would have said the engines on top of the crew compartment.

How come when people try and help another person on the internet the person asking the initial question then seem to come across like a pre-pubescent spoilt brat, the quote above is a perfect example. Kage was trying to clarify what you needed so that he could help and you maverike_prime come across full of attitude to someone who was trying to help. :P

If I had meant the engines on top of the crew compartment I would have said the engines on top of the crew compartment.

How come when people try and help another person on the internet the person asking the initial question then seem to come across like a pre-pubescent spoilt brat, the quote above is a perfect example. Kage was trying to clarify what you needed so that he could help and you maverike_prime come across full of attitude to someone who was trying to help. :lol:

I don't see anything wrong with his comment, he was clarifying back what he was looking for.

Ashton

Guys remember emoticons and ensure that you re-read stuff before posting, there is no call to either offend if you are asking for help and even not meaning what you write, it has obviously been misconstrued.

\Anyways, question answered

Archived