Katana Kwandry

Ironbug

Hi guys. Firstly, sorry for that pun...

Now, thing is... I'm going for a Samurai influence, the whole Eastern vibe. Where can I get l Katana in 28mm... I'd really prefer to not have to make my own.. Only place I have seen is Paulson minis, but.. they're massively backlogged. Thanks in advance guys

What I do is take a chainsword and file it down. It looks somewhat more like a ninja-to and is really thick (kinda halfway between a power sword and an ork choppa), but its passable as something a Space Marine might carry.

Paulson games katanas look really great. Every order I have ever made from him has been very satisfying. It may be worth waiting through his backlog. Have you checked eBay? I have seen some of his stuff on there as well.

Several miniatures of the game Anima Tactics come with swords like that in 30mm scale. The distributor, Cipher Studios, sells parts of the minis on their webstore, maybe you can find something there. (I'm allowing you to find it with Google yourself ^^)

Some of the Eldar swords might also work, if you use a blade from their swords and pin it to the hilt of a powersword or chainsword.

Archived