Bike Colour Advice

Hi

I have started a marine army, it is a custom chapter, the Hammers of Aargon, the colour scheme I am using is -

sm.php?b62c=@hd3IG_hnsaQ.i8khi@h1VNS@@...hsbXm.hFZ83@@..@@@____@@@@h1VNS_h1VNS@_____@@@@@hozqShozqS___...__._h1VNS__hFZ83iakk7&

I have painted up a 5 man scout squad in this scheme and have decided that this is the final colour scheme for me.

My issue is that I have an Attack Bike to paint and would like opinions on a colour to use for it. I feel that painting the bike in a half & half pattern would look odd as it's wide and contains 2 marines who will also be painted in half & half.

Now I was thinking of doing it black, but I am not sure what colour to do the trim or if there is a colour that would suit it better.

Opinions please.

Thanks

"straight" bikes (and quads) look ok with a half-n-half paint scheme.

Have you built the AB yet - if not, there are some cool conversions available.

I'd go with a quadbike with the heavy gunner standing on a small platform above and behind the driver (think ork warbuggy)

if it's already built then purple bike, blue sidecar could work

Cheers, Paul.

Attack bikes are definately tricky with half-and-half schemes because their shape is so asymmetrical, it can easily end up looking a bit messy.

Doing it black would solve the problem, and would still tie in because of the shoulder trim colour on the marine.

Although then it might look odd next to other bikes/vehicles, unless you did all your vehicles black and just added the Chapter colours as a circular/shield/whatever -shaped backdrop for the Chapter badge?

Bike trim/mechanical parts could just be done in whatever metallic colour you're using for the Marines bolters/lower backpacks?

It's a nice scheme, by the way, good job!

I would suggest pick one or the other as the main colour with perhaps patterning (lighnting bolts? ) in the other, or even paint the bikes black as suggested. The main issue is that the clours are so close in terms of tone.

You could try the bike and rider as one colour and the sidecar and gunner in the other thus keeping the split scheme but i have no idea how it would look.

I would also second the idea of converting quad bikes to use as your attack bikes and paint them in your usual split scheme

I guess you could stick with the halved scheme for the bike and do the sidecar either black, or its own split scheme. Or your could paint the bike outside colour and inside black, then sidecar inside black, outside other colour.

Cheers,

Jono

I guess you could stick with the halved scheme for the bike and do the sidecar either black, or its own split scheme. Or your could paint the bike outside colour and inside black, then sidecar inside black, outside other colour.

Cheers,

Jono

Agree!

Do the bike the split scheme and the sidecar the darker colour of the 2.

Here is a pic of my Malevolent attackbikes,as the MM are 2 colur scheme[not half n half like yours tho].

gallery_30735_5415_1500145.jpg

gallery_30735_5415_1149341.jpg

:(

Hi

Thanks for the replies so far.

The colours are close in tone but that is what I was going for. I liked the fact that they were complimentary colours and not contrasting. As I am not a very talented painter but wanted a challenge this closeness in tones offers a margin of error on the split line that isn't afforded when using contrasting colours.

I have painted up a scout squad and like how the scheme sits together.

I have spray undercoated the Attack bike and part assembled it but would be interested in looking at a Quad bike conversion if anyone has any links they can offer.

Thanks

Hi

I have found the tutorial in the Librarium. Going to attempt that one man Attack Quad I think as it looks amazing. Need to find some card and a way of replicating those engines and weapon mounts without buying the extra kits too.

I've seen Termi backs (the vents) used at the front instead of the struts, and I've also seen (in the Black Templar forum I think) the heavy weapons mounted in between the front wheels also, alot less hastle than building a turret.

I was wrong, not BT's but Metal Apostle White Scars

Jono

Archived