Captain Sicarius conversions

Megapope

What the title says. At some stage I'll be getting Captain Cresty to go with my 2nd company army, but honestly the pose of the model just doesn't do it for me. Have any of you converted a better posed Sicarius for your armies?

That is a fething awesome rendition of Sicarius. GW needs to produce your model instead of their version.

P.S. Do you have an unpainted picture?

Thanks! :)

I do quite like the standard Sicarius model as a miniature, but it's just not 'Sicariusey' enough for me. He never stuck me as the type of guy to stare thoughtfully into the distance.

I don't think I have any unpainted pictures. Sorry!

Must have been one hell of a project!

It was. So much sawing of pewter ... my saw lost quite a lot of teeth! But once I had a plan of action I just had to work through it and luckily it paid off.

Ah no worries about the unpainted. Just curious as to what parts you used. :Troops:

@ Valerius,

The GW model is okayyyyy... I mean its not bad, but it looks like he's standing in a briefing room or something.

If you could buy GW Siccy or Pingo Siccy, i know which one i'd rather have.

I don't have a picture apparently, but my Sicarius is a simple hand swap. I used the same power sword as pingo and just replaced the hands. I stuck some FW brass Ultra-icon where it would normally be on his cape and voila, he's in a combat-guard pose, rather than a watching-the-sunset pose.

I'll try and post a picture of my charging Sicarius.

Megamarines gave him to me.

He's a lot like Pingo's, except his sword is ready to stab a fool in the face.

And he's only partly painted.

I like the default Sicarius too tho. I have two of them waiting to be put together.

Hot damn that is hot, Pingo! Did you use any parts other than the Sicarius model?

Yes. The legs are some Blood Angel legs (probably from Sanguinary Guard) filed down and the ridged plates scupted with green stuff. The arms and sword are standard plastic parts. I think the plasma pistol hand is from Sicarius. As is the backpack, minus the banner.

The rest is all parts cut off from the original model. There's some mild green stuffing in places (the rope under his right arm joint, the pistol holster) and the somewhat crude rendition of a cape.

:)

Man, that's comical to me.

They swapped out Sicarius' head for...Sicarius head...to make a Raven Guard conversion....

Other than being painted black and having the Agemos filed off, I'd've just said, "Hey cool, a Sicarius model with his old head! Why didn't I think of that?"

4th Edition Sicarius

But seriously, am I the only one who loves the GW model? I never see anything but contempt for it on the boards here.

I quite like it. It's not very actiony but I think he looks very ""roman general in spaaace" and I think that's what makes it awesome to me. I actually really like the parade look with helmet in hand and thoughtful stare but I probably think of it as more of a display piece. Come to think of it, I'd love if they had a similar model for Calgar -then I'd make them stand around and chat while the 2nd ed. starter set Marines were on parade.

After seeing this thread (and Pingo's very impressive conversion) I'm actually considering doing an action pose of him as well. I'd probably base it on the commander kit, though.

:tu:

Man, that's comical to me.

They swapped out Sicarius' head for...Sicarius head...to make a Raven Guard conversion....

Other than being painted black and having the Agemos filed off, I'd've just said, "Hey cool, a Sicarius model with his old head! Why didn't I think of that?"

That's not Sicarius' head, though. That's just a head from the Space Marine Captain boxed set.

Ah, this (patently incorrect) argument again. Just because they paint up an Ultramarines Captain with gold/yellow shoulder pad rims does not make that model "Sicarius." As we've covered many times in the past, there have been only two Sicarius minis (current model and the twin lightning claw version). All other minis are simply Space Marine models that just happen to be painted up or labeled as either Sicarius or a captain of the Ultramarines 2nd Company. The "4th Edition Sicarius" you linked was not a true Sicarius mini, regardless of how he was painted/captioned/labeled.

I like the twin-lightning claw/crested helmet head swap. That helmet gives the model a much more dignified appearance than the unfortunate mohawk and leer that was sculpted on the actual mini (though I'd still love to get my hands on one of those things ;) ).

I like the twin-lightning claw/crested helmet head swap. That helmet gives the model a much more dignified appearance than the unfortunate mohawk and leer that was sculpted on the actual mini (though I'd still love to get my hands on one of those things :P ).

I like the old scouts with the unfortunate mohawks. I'd love to see unfortunate mohawks back in vogue among the astartes. As it is they seem to be more interested in unfortunate chins, which is unfortunate.

Archived