Building the Land Speeder Typhoon

Hey guys,

I recently bought three land speeders and I wanted to model them all as Typhoons.

Pretty simple right? Well, it doesn't seem to be.

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or I'm missing something (though I'm trying to follow the instructions and have kept every piece from the box) or what, but it just seem like the initial chassis pieces (along the sides) don't fit on to the rest of the hull. This is way before I'm trying to put the missile launchers on. I mean the actual side of the hull doesn't fit the rest of the speeder.

I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do? It may seem pretty straight forward, but I'm actually finding it really frustrating now.

If anyone has any tips, anything that might help - just let me know and I'll give it a shot.

Thanks.

Hey Bro,

It's been a while since i build my speeders, can you post a pic of the components you are having trouble with???

I do remember, the instructions said to assemble the hull fully, and then the side hatches (where the launcher fits) but in reality you have to inset them before you assemble the hull.

What I did to diversify the speeders for gaming purposes, was magnetize them, to be able to field all potions. So both are capable of carrying Multi Meltas (magnet in gunner torso socket and waist) the assault cannon and heavy flamer, I recommend you glue the mount for the gun, and insert a small magnet in it and another on the weapons.

The Typhoon Launchers were a bit tricky, will need to glue a small piece of sprue to be able to glue the magnet to inside the hatch.

but like i said, send a pic of the part you're having trouble with.

• 1 month later...
I think I know what you are talking about, I assembled my first one the other day and I had trouble attaching the sides as well. What I noticed was that the front part of the side where the cockpit is, there is a small lip on the inside that rests on the bottom part. In my case that lip was too big and therefore refused to sit right. I cut a little bit of that lip off on the ends ( about 2 mm). Don't cut all of it off! just a little bit and things will go a lot smoother.

Archived