DH Night Lords Character

Snickers

So heres my latest addition to my Night Lords DH force. It's actually coming along quite nicely (picked up alot of chaos stuff cheap :down: ).

My basic idea for this character is of a Night Lord that fell in battle and was saved by the intervention of Cruze himself. Cruze has a vision of a future Imperium in a battle for its very soul and he was to play a pivotal part. On which side he would be fighting for though remained hidden.

Cruze then implanted his personal gene seed and he inherited the Primarchs' unmatched strength and skills. He also received the gift of foresight. The surgery left him blind and he can only see things through his visions. Name is pending because I am terrible at thinking of names

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv

7 5 6 4 3 5 4 10 2+/4++

Wargear:

Power Armour

F & K Grenades

Harvester of Souls: A wicked scythe, in his hands dozen of enemies fall. Power Weapon, +D6 attacks against a squad no bonus if directed at a Independent Character, Two Handed (Anybody know where I could find a scythe? One not found on Typhus ether :) )

Special Rules

Eternal Warrior

Fearless

Pysker (May use 1 power a turn)

Powers

Strands of Fate: warptime

Thanks for reading, I'll be playtesting and making changes this week based on my results and any comments.

You need a rule to represent his blindness, I think - Kairos Fateweaver has the same problem, of only being able to see the future, not the present.

By the way, the Primarch's name is Curze, not Cruze. >>

You might want to look at Kairos' other powers, since at the moment you have a 200 point Psyker character with only one power.

Also, you might want to give him a bolter, or a pistol of some kind. Even if he can't get the extra attack for dual-wielding (although apparently I'm told that's no longer true), he should still have a ranged attack of some sort to take advantage of Warptime and that nice BS skill.

Scythe models - I believe there are a few in the fantasy range. Zombies, the Wraith, I think there might be a Skaven character...

I'll second Miko on adding in a rule to represent his blindness/foresight.

Also, giving him something to boost his general utility in the army and make him a bit more unique might be nice; right now all he really does is serve as a somewhat generic mega-beatstick. Try giving him an ability or two that adds more to the army than "this guy personally kills things in close combat."

So after reading the comments, a few test runs and watching The Animatrix...... for the 6th time I'm scrapping parts of the original idea. Basically going to be more of a lone grim reaper sort of character.

Better or worse?

Points 225

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv

7 5 6 4 3 5 4 10 2+/4++

Powers (May use 2 a turn)

Warptime

Dark Storm: any enemy unit wishing to shoot at him must test for Night Fighting, used at the beginning of opponents shooting phase, also counts as having a cover save (4+) and in cover (for charging etc). Friendly units within 12" also benefit from a 4+ cover save but do not(!) count as being in cover.

Hand over your flesh, I demand it: Power used in close combat, any enemy model in base contact take an automatic wound on a 4+ (may reroll if warptime is used) with no armor save for every wound inflicted gains a single wound (up to 6). May not attack if power is used.

Wargear:

Artificer Armor

F & K Grenades

Wings

Harvester of Souls: A wicked scythe, in his hands dozen of enemies fall. Power Weapon, +D6 attacks against a squad no bonus if directed at a Independent Character, Two Handed

Special Rules

Pysker

Eternal Warrior

Hit and Run

Avatar of Despair: Enemy units within 12" are at -1 Ld.

Archived