Unforgiven Chapter Masters

Cpt_Reaper

Greetings Brethren

I present to you a question that has divided and confused me. I wish to create a legal Chapter Master. Sounds simple, but I do not wish to use Azrael's rules. I also do not wish to use C:SM to represent my Chapter Master as I am sticking with C:DA. So what can I do? I already have a Belial counts-as and as he is unique I cannot field two. I wanted a Chapter Master in TDA...I am really stumped.

My only suggestion is to go to GWs website and read the latest FAQs, as this dilemma may have been rectified.

EDIT: In hindsight, the FAQs will not have fixed it as, it is established fluff for the DAs that their named CM has PA. As you are using C:DA, you are limited to their named characters and count-as versions of them. If you wish to create a new chapter with original characters you will need to use C:SM. As DA are a "codex" chapter using C:SM to represent them or a successor is completely acceptable.

Cheers,

Jono

Sadly, we are stuck with a counts-as Azrael for a Chapter Master. It is hopeful that it will be fixed in the next Codex since both the Space Marine and Blood Angels codexes have another Chapter Master.

I tried raising this point in the Unforgiven Codex Development Subforum. I would have loved to have the office instead of the name used to identify the slot. Masters of the Death/Ravenwing would always be a special character so should have special character stats but with an ability to choose weapons (Belial) instead of having a static load out (Azrael).

Case in point, Azrael's Standard Bearer is named, Bethor. Bethor has some fluff history but no longer has stats in this Codex but is mentioned in the Codex. Why not use the fluff section to put in names but for a special office, put it in the Codex as the office.

Okay, rant over

So, do you play competitively, or for fun against friends? If its only for fun against friends, I suggest the following solution. Use BOTH codexes (with opponent permission), C:DA for all Death/Ravenwing units (anything painted Black or White) and C:SM for Greenwing (anything painted green), as this will make it very easy for your opponent to see which unit is using which codex. You'll only run into issues with this method when 1) playing competitively, or 2) your successor chapter doesn't have a different scheme for each of its wings.

Cheers,

Jono

The OP is between a rock and a hard place... There is just no solution to his problem with the current codices. There are ways to address this in the future (our new codex might have a Successor Chapter Master ala BAs so you have two to choose from or even better an Unforgiven generic Chapter Master ala C:SM) or go around it in the present time (use current C:SM for instance) but other than that: no solution. Other than start liking Azrael B).

Case in point, Azrael's Standard Bearer is named, Bethor. Bethor has some fluff history but no longer has stats in this Codex but is mentioned in the Codex. Why not use the fluff section to put in names but for a special office, put it in the Codex as the office.

Asmodai/High Interrogator Chaplain needs love as well...

Perhaps I shall bite the bullet and use C:SM for my "greenwing" (black-and-silver actually) and C:DA for my Deathwing and Ravenwing (Steelwing and Dragonwing respectively...although I might rename Steelwing to Bladewing)

Archived