Clever Girl... - Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge

Greyall

So it's a country populated as a penal colony, where everything is evolved to kill people; wandering super venomous spiders, snakes, kicking birds and giant kicking rodents, "bears" that lure people in with cuteness to share their STD's, more snakes, sharks, dingos, crocs, snakes, snake eating centipedes, biblical swarms of insects, stinging duck-otter-things, jellyfish, and more snakes. Not to mention an enormous desert that apparently births fire-nados.

Then its status as a prison colony is removed, and the people there look around and say "Nah, I'm gonna stay! This place is awesome! Look at my tan! You don't see tans like this back in England boy! And crikey, look at the size of my beer!"

And that's why I don't pick fights with Aussies. I'll pick on Kiwis all day though devil.gif

Now draw something Greyall! Can't you see the natives are getting restless?

I was about to comment how Australia seemed to be the model for most Death Worlds tongue.png something like 8 of 11 poisonous snakes live there and such.

But anyway...we need more bread and circuses Greyall!!!

Didn't you know? Catachan was modelled on Australia, but toned down. Now I want to make a Catachan commander called Dundee, with machete, vest and bush hat laugh.png

And it's 20 of the top 25 most poisonous snakes (we have ALL the top 10), 8 of the top 10 spiders.

Greyall's comment made me think about an alien invasion in Australia - we wouldn't have to send the military, just let the wildlife do it's job!msn-wink.gif

So it's a country populated as a penal colony, where everything is evolved to kill people; wandering super venomous spiders, snakes, kicking birds and giant kicking rodents, "bears" that lure people in with cuteness to share their STD's, more snakes, sharks, dingos, crocs, snakes, snake eating centipedes, biblical swarms of insects, stinging duck-otter-things, jellyfish, and more snakes.  Not to mention an enormous desert that apparently births fire-nados.

Then its status as a prison colony is removed, and the people there look around and say "Nah, I'm gonna stay!  This place is awesome!  Look at my tan!  You don't see tans like this back in England boy!  And crikey, look at the size of my beer!"

And that's why I don't pick fights with Aussies.  I'll pick on Kiwis all day though :devil:

Now draw something Greyall!  Can't you see the natives are getting restless?

I was about to comment how Australia seemed to be the model for most Death Worlds :P something like 8 of 11 poisonous snakes live there and such.

But anyway...we need more bread and circuses Greyall!!!

Didn't you know? Catachan was modelled on Australia, but toned down. Now I want to make a Catachan commander called Dundee, with machete, vest and bush hat :lol:

And it's 20 of the top 25 most poisonous snakes (we have ALL the top 10), 8 of the top 10 spiders.

Greyall's comment made me think about an alien invasion in Australia - we wouldn't have to send the military, just let the wildlife do it's job!;)

If not we can always count on the Aussies to drink em under the table ;)

Greyall, is there any chance to get a drawing in the future after you're done with the winners?

It will be a while until I'm done. These prize-drawings take a little more time since they involve action poses or *gasp* two characters or even *yeraaaaghh* scenery.

I honestly have no clue what I'm going to do after that, but surely there'll be other contests in the short term, since the first two went so well.

Kraut...brothers...I have finished it...and feel like I've entered a fist fight with the Porcupine King...

So I'll leave him here and be with you shortly. Have your say, Kraut. And thank you, for the challenge and as a Khorne fan:

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2015/007/b/0/khorne_lord_lorimar_by_greyall-d8d00wz.jpg

I love the slaaneshi daemons' mask hiding it's true face, really cool concept that should be made into model form by some sculpting mogul out there.

but i think his sword hand might be broken, it's bent reeaallyy far down, sweat.gif That's my only little tiff though, want MOAR.

I love the slaaneshi daemons' mask hiding it's true face, really cool concept that should be made into model form by some sculpting mogul out there.

I just have to second that, such cool concept! And I'm just in ave of how good all of your art posted here is, keep it up! thumbsup.gif

/BB

Mind = BLOWN! jawdrop.gif

How did I only see this now? I kept checking every day, only to be late to my own party ;)

Anyway, fantastic work, Greyall! You really did the Master of the Hunt justice with this one, and his slaying a mighty Daemon Prince (or is that a Greater Daemon) of Slaanesh will definitely be woven into his background now. I especially love how you've managed to make even the slightly wonky areas of the model into something that looks like a baroque suit of artificer warplate, maintaining the same balance between savagery and dark majesty that I also went for with the model -- excellent job! That daemon is almost a bit of a show stealer, though ;)

Thanks for doing this, mate! I am so happy to finally have an "official" piece of art for Lorimar -- and one that really rocks, at that!

On a related note, this is a very small way of recompensation, but did you realise that the Mk 1-ish Terminator Lord I completed recently mostly came into being because of your two characters (one Imperial Fist and one World Eater) in Mk1 plate? Those pieces were just so inspiring that I simply had to take the plunge:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/1/2/675089-Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Lord%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Doomwall%2C%20Khorne%2C%20Khorne%27s%20Eternal%20Hunt.JPG

Hope you'll accept this as a small way of saying thanks for the amazing artwork!

So glad you liked it, Kraut:) And thank you for your MkI Termie, I've followed him almost from day 1, and Khorne knows my Bloodfist made a pumping motion when I saw that big guy all painted.

Cheers, everyone, thank you :)

Had to shrink that puppy down to a proper screen size to really get a good grasp of it, which is a first.

I'm not quite sure what happened when you were drawing the demon's left hand, but its connection to the arm is...odd. The thumb is pretty awkward, too. I feel like the head tentacles could use a tiny bit more detail as well in some form or another: piercings, little mouths or eyes, symbols, whatever. As is they are not quite negative space, not busy enough to justify being there in terms of composition. It could partly be because they don't have any bold lines like much of the nearby stuff.

But you have the usual issue of line-art going on, where there's enough detail to risk turning things into an eye-baffling jumble, so sacrifices had to be made somewhere.

Now then, on to compliments. The demon's head design pretty much steals the show there. Love it. Can't say I see much of anything wrong about the marine, either. And of course, kudos for tackling something so outside your usual repertoire. I might just make a passable artist out of you yet. Drawing another 30 or so like this should be a nice start. msn-wink.gif

Yes that last bit's a bit snidely back-handed, but it still counts as a compliment. laugh.png

I have not checked this in a month or so and now new drawings to look at. They all look awesome Greyall!

Just one thing though, isn't that a multi-melta Hashec has, rather than a heavy flamer? tongue.png

That Slaanesh face hidden by a mask like face has a very creepy anime vibe. Another fine piece of work. Primarchs blood I wish could draw marines that crisp, my last attempt at drawing my lord came off to busy and like his edges has been roughly sand papered.

• 2 weeks later...

This one was a joy to do. And the first drawing of mine to make me really sad I can't colour. As it is, and though I like the final result, this still doesn't do justice to One-Eye's awesome conversion.

Captain Oberon of the Phoenix Knights

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2015/022/f/4/captain_oberon_of_the_phoenix_knights_by_greyall-d8f0f09.jpg

Next, a creepy, creepy guy...

View and state your mind, brothers. As ever, thank you very very much :)

Archived