Developer Diary

@ Gillyfish : Titans .. YUM!

@ Zincite : Part of a set, there are a number of items not yet seen which when complete should make it possible to do almost every type of space marine.

@ Cpt Uriel Ventris : The process for Wargear goes something like this ...

1. Mad Scuzzy has a great idea for a piece of wargear and does it ... OR ... I have an idea and push Mad Scuzzy into doing it.

2. It goes into the wargear file once drawn.

3. I prepare the artwork for the Space Marine Rendering engine, usually making numerous layers of different aspects of the drawing.

4. I program the wargear module to paint the prepared artwork.

5. Brother Tyler does all the image mapping for the item

6. I add all the relevant parts to the wargear database on the server

7. I add all the files to the relevant wargear directories on the server.

8. We test it in the Wargear app.

9. In the past we let you use it when the next version of the software is released (long wait). However with the new structure we can just release new wargear without releasing a new copy of the Wargear app.

So .. delays are people in the chain of events not having time for their part ... not having artwork ... me being bust etc.

To be fair Mad Scuzzy has done a LOT of artwork that needs programming for .. so my time is the deciding factor right now.

As far as Mk3 goes ... I think with the parts I was looking at today ... 60-70% do-able. If Mad Scuzzy has the urge we could see more the Backpack and Arms are the missing components.

I don't think I would want an Ork army. The only Ork item I actually possess is ...

http://wh40k.lexicanum.de/mediawiki/images/thumb/c/c6/Ork-Great-Gargant_(Armorcast).jpg/250px-Ork-Great-Gargant_(Armorcast).jpg

Its part of my Titan collection and not really Space Marine relevant!

I think we can forgive you that minor offense. :P

@ Zincite : Part of a set, there are a number of items not yet seen which when complete should make it possible to do almost every type of space marine.

Ooooo. That'll add a lot more use to the painter as well, testing out suits with your colour scheme. Now we can call it the Space Marine modeller as well...

@ Cpt Uriel Ventris : The process for Wargear goes something like this ...

1. Mad Scuzzy has a great idea for a piece of wargear and does it ... OR ... I have an idea and push Mad Scuzzy into doing it.

2. It goes into the wargear file once drawn.

3. I prepare the artwork for the Space Marine Rendering engine, usually making numerous layers of different aspects of the drawing.

4. I program the wargear module to paint the prepared artwork.

5. Brother Tyler does all the image mapping for the item

6. I add all the relevant parts to the wargear database on the server

7. I add all the files to the relevant wargear directories on the server.

8. We test it in the Wargear app.

9. In the past we let you use it when the next version of the software is released (long wait). However with the new structure we can just release new wargear without releasing a new copy of the Wargear app.

So .. delays are people in the chain of events not having time for their part ... not having artwork ... me being bust etc.

To be fair Mad Scuzzy has done a LOT of artwork that needs programming for .. so my time is the deciding factor right now.

As far as Mk3 goes ... I think with the parts I was looking at today ... 60-70% do-able. If Mad Scuzzy has the urge we could see more the Backpack and Arms are the missing components.

Sounds simple in theory, but I know that it will contain a ton of work.

Thanks for explaining it, I understand it a bit more now.

I don't think I would want an Ork army. The only Ork item I actually possess is ...

http://wh40k.lexicanum.de/mediawiki/images/thumb/c/c6/Ork-Great-Gargant_(Armorcast).jpg/250px-Ork-Great-Gargant_(Armorcast).jpg

Its part of my Titan collection and not really Space Marine relevant!

I think we can forgive you that minor offense. :D

No NEVER! No exemptions! All HERESY must be prosecuted!

Ork scenery, to go with your Ork Titan, of course. Are we obliged to flatter you since you're the board owner?

Don't give him any ideas HERESY lover!

:rolleyes:

Nope .. no flattery .. just giving visual proof of why no progress on the wargear tonight.

Stop giving proof and go work some more, slave! ;)

That shack, however, is nice. Did you paint it, or is the hobby spreading through the family?

Here is a picture of the new Wargear working on the iPad

wargearipad.jpg

You will see some shading changes on the legs, these are NOT final production, I am tweaking the shading engine at the moment and that is mid "tweak" and has since been changed.

The bar running down on the right will contain the save icons (and some other suprises).

You can see the "Active Palette" under the wargear.

Mk4 Helmet and Aquila chest emblem.

The iPad has been tested at all stages in development and special touch gestures like "swipes" & "touch-hold" options are included (hopefully some of these will work in an android tablet environment, but I have nothing to test that on).

Oh and added scroll wheel support over the selected wargear to scroll up and down through the different items for non touch environments.

• 2 weeks later...

I take it that the Traitor version will be getting an overhaul of some description at some point? B)

As for when the Loyalist version gets finished, I can wait. Oh, I can wait! B)

• 2 weeks later...

You really are doing some great work Brother Argos, madscuzzy and Brother Tyler! I'm really looking forward to the release of the new Painter :tu:

Good luck with the rest of the work!

Oh, and Brother Argos, I suppose that this is the reason why we haven't had an update on your Iron Hands for some time? (just a question, btw)

Ludovic

Oh, and Brother Argos, I suppose that this is the reason why we haven't had an update on your Iron Hands for some time? (just a question, btw)

I like to think that while part of the delay is Brother Argos being really busy with his profession, another part is that he's letting me catch up with my army (which will oppose his Iron Hands). I've been much too slow in this regard, though it's given Argos a nice break from his efforts (which far outclass what I'm capable of). :tu:

I like to think that while part of the delay is Brother Argos being really busy with his profession, another part is that he's letting me catch up with my army (which will oppose his Iron Hands). I've been much too slow in this regard, though it's given Argos a nice break from his efforts (which far outclass what I'm capable of). ^_^

Aha, good to know ;) Any chance of pictures Brother Tyler? Or is it a non-Power Armour army? (Oh, the heresy! :lol:)

Ludovic

Archived