Developer Diary

gallery_26_548_19159.png
As promised, here's the planned scheme for my "counter-Argos" army (using the SMP ver 5 for the wargear):

That's Veteran Sergeant Pediese of the Fire Claws Chapter, recently returned from a secondment to the Deathwatch. His Deathwatch honours will be worn on either his right shoulder pad or one of his kneepads (I haven't quite decided yet). He's currently serving in the Command Squad of the 5th Company.

I'm still debating the army list, and some of that will depend upon how we intend to use these armies.[clearfloat][/clearfloat]And further updates on this army will be provided elsewhere - probably in my blog or a separate discussion - so that I don't further hijack Argos' updates to you on the new painter.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Oh wow, never saw this. Thought the painter thing had sunk into hiatus since around late 2010.

A palette of commonly used colours would/will be very handy, that's a great idea.

If it's any help, I've a tablet that runs Android and would be only too happy to test at some point (however I should note I've never done any software (beta/alpha/whatever) testing on it and so have no experience of what to look out for).

• 8 months later...

Is it possible to get an update on the project? Done / Nearly Done / Abandoned / What Painter?

Seems to have been November 2011 since the last one. Apologies if I've missed something somewhere else ?

Yes, Brule is correct (Good name btw).

Most recently it has been the increasing problems with my eyesight and multiple surgeries to try and save my sight that have kept me from spending my few personal hours in toil to make a brand new Space Marine Painter .. 

Yes, Brule is correct (Good name btw).

Most recently it has been the increasing problems with my eyesight and multiple surgeries to try and save my sight that have kept me from spending my few personal hours in toil to make a brand new Space Marine Painter .. 

Thanks for the heads up Brother Argos, and good luck with your visits to the Apothecarion.

Sadly, I was actually pretty close to a working Beta when I had to stop.

The ability to select wargear, paint each individual piece separately and then equip the marine was all done. All it lacked was polishing to be honest.

Is polishing in this case "prettiness" or "able to do it without manually adding the codes to the URL"?

Because if it's the former, I'm pretty sure folks'd be pretty happy with it anyway. smile.png Hell, folks might be OK with the latter.

Is polishing in this case "prettiness" or "able to do it without manually adding the codes to the URL"?

Because if it's the former, I'm pretty sure folks'd be pretty happy with it anyway. smile.png Hell, folks might be OK with the latter.

It is probably more along the lines of optimisation. Faster loads, less strain on the servers etc.

Heru Talon is right .. one of the advantages of working as a beta tester for earlier versions of the painter .. he knows how I work smile.png

The core abilities are working in the main ... but it is resource intensive to say the least.

The problem with my eyesight stops me developing further, the painter now competes with my daytime work (the eight hours where I work on computers for my living), and as that is paid work and this is not ... well I am sure you can see where I am going. My hospital time last year cost me 2 solid months off of work, thats a 6th of my income.

Archived