Please Identify

I have no idea what this thing is i was hopeing that you guys could help me identify it. I know it is a pre heresy terminator but it is really large to large for a standard marine. i was wondering if he was a named charater or something if you know what it is please let me know

gallery_61878_6579_1654635.jpg

gallery_61878_6579_1605458.jpg

It's definitely not a GW miniature, if for no other reason than it appears to be made of resin. I'd say it's some kind of Huron fig (due to the claw), but the Chaplain head pretty much kills that idea as well. It doesn't match any of the Scibor or Forge World models I'm familiar with, either, nor any other third-party manufacturer that springs to mind. It could be an out-of-production or one-off model, but I can't really say.

Does the sprue it came on have any markings? That's often a good clue to where something came from.

Could be a Kabuki "Sci-Fi Knight":

http://www.kabukimodels.com/index.php?go=produkty&id=7

Or possibly from HiTech:

http://hitechminiatures.com/2/product/product/

Not sure that Scribor has done a Chaplain type fig as of yet:

http://sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?group=7

It definitely is not a GW fig.

Well my Guess would be a chaplain(missing a crozious arcanum though) ... The feel he gives me is Luna wolves ( mostly due to claw... it's very horus like) and he seems evil somehow,

it could be a custodes (very pimped armour)

The only markings this guy has though is the imperial eagel(could be a wing...) which points him towards being a dark angel, blood angel or Emperors children....

What weapons did abbadon wield prior to him taking the claws of horus?

if he had a claw: this could very well be him.

Dunno what he is, but looking at him he'd make a good Horus or Abaddon conversion base... I'd love to have him for my own Terminator Lord, but unfortunately I'm not allowed to buy stuff over the net.

I agree he's definitely not GW.

I think I'll save this pic and model my Termi Lord after his armor actually.

Looks like a Scibor model for sure.

Considering how close it looks to GW models it looks like an older one when Scibor made stuff that looked very close to GW models but I think Scibor probably had to back off because of GW legal.

Basis for my speculations:

1. Scibor used to sell some 'templar' knights that looked perfect for Black Templar (damn I wish I bought them for my BT back then but funds were short) but now they are only in his gallery and listed as "not for sale".

2. Look at your model's leg armor and power fist and then look at some of Scibor's stuff, very similar.

ex: http://sciborminiatures.com/pow.php?absol=1&co=i/monst/big/emperorp_painted01.jpg

3. Your model clearly looks like he's wearing TDA. You can see in Scibor's gallery that his older stuff looked very much like GW models.

Jealous that you were able to get your hands on such a cool mini like that!

yeah i am certain he is all one piece and after going threw the bits that the guy threw in there is even more to the model including wings on the eagle on his head and two eagles on each pauldron. and another layer to the cape. I agree he is not GW and he does look like the older Scibor minies. and it is all of these points that really confuse everybody and i think the most confusing part of the model is the death mask which is mostly for chaplians. so many questions no answers

I'm pretty sure that it is one of the models done by a chap in Russia called Velard.

He trades on E bay as Mrs Velard or as Vlad miniatures. Well known for his "not" primarch models amongst other things

All the best

White Wolf ;)

Archived