SENMM help!

Ok so i have been looking for the past two hours and all i can find are pic but no tutorials on SENMM. im hoping to get something to this effect. Any tips or links to tuts would be extreamly helpful :lol:. (looking to paint my necrons like this)

http://coolminiornot.com/pics/pics14/img4ae024121097f.jpg

Things that don't belong in the tutorials area:

Questions that aren't a tutorial for starters.

"What color do I highlight Scorpion Green with?" Isn't a tutorial or even a tutorial question. That is for General PCA Questions.

"Does anyone want a tutorial on X?" If you have a tutorial then just post it. You can find tutorials that people are looking for in the Tutorial Requests Thread.

"Where can I find/buy model/paint/tool X?" Again this is something for General PCA Questions.

Basically if it isn't something that isn't a step by step instruction it shouldn't be in here!

Topic moved.

Honestly, if you're asking how it's done, you're probably not ready to do it. You'll know exactly the theory long before you attempt it successfully.

It's actually fairly simple - stuff below the horizon reflection line gets painted in browns (earth), stuff above blue (sky). Careful blending work with many thin layers. The horizon is artificially sharpened (there is no mist / haze in SENMM), and the contrast is also artificially high - very deep blues and browns blended right through to white.

For the effect to work, your blends must be extremely smooth, and your edge highlights must be extremely sharp. It's this technical precision that makes the overall technique hard to perform for those without the requisite basic skills (excellent blending and brush control).

I also shudder at the thought of painting an entire Necron army like this. Usually, this technique is done only for small parts(trim on armor, blades, etc), or on display figures.

It would take months of constant painting to do an entire army with this.

I also shudder at the thought of painting an entire Necron army like this. Usually, this technique is done only for small parts(trim on armor, blades, etc), or on display figures.

It would take months of constant painting to do an entire army with this.

no no not the whole army just certain parts (i.e. the armor on the legs and arms. and maybe the blade on the weapons if it looks good) again its just an idea and something i would like to try. just figured SENMM pariahs would look sexy.

Archived