"Smaller" lightning claws

Eorek

so at topic states, I'm looking for a way to make a lightning claw seem smaller and more "agile" Maintaining the claws length and amount of blades but removing the mass of the powerfist beneath the claw...

Has anyone tried this before? any tips and tricks are appreciated...

Kinda looking for something like the codex art of vanguards in the BA codex.(don't have my codex at hand ...so I have no idea which page it's on...but it's on the page of the sternguard/vanguard entry)

I mean if you read about people wielding lightning claws they are able retract them and Wield a bolter instead and so on...and I just can't see that happening with the lightningclaws available for powerarmour(or terminators for that sake). (Well... apparently calgar can wield his powersword in those powerfists ...so I guess everything is possible...)

Lightening claws work so well because they have the sheer mass and kinetic energy of the fist driving the blades into armour. You could have lightenting blades attached to a normal fist but then you may as well have a power axe or sword.

Wouldn't those then look like Wolverine's claws? Or maybe you're looking for a kind of punching dagger? Those went through thick armour without the need for anything superhuman. Maybe google that for ideas? I have four nice EC curved swords I'll be using for lightning claws on some of my chosen as I doubt I'll be able to get my hands on too many claws. The EC have lots of cords attached to their shoulders so it really makes'em look stronger.

Archived