Helmeted Librarian.

G3rman

Back in 4th edition and I was collecting DA, I never really bothered to grab a librarian. I was never a big fan of psyker attacks and didn't like the fluff so I didn't bother, but now in 5th apparently they are very often used in smaller point games for main HQ.

I would like to collect one, but I want it to be helmeted. I know all the current librarians are metal blisters with no helmets, so I'm guessing the main thing I need is a staff and a psychic hood to make a normal marine look like a Librarian.

Where should I start?

The Librarians' weapon doesn't necessarily have to be a staff, you could use any sort of weapon as a force weapon really, but I can understand the aesthetic you're going for.

Like what Retributis said, it's common nowadays just to use Grey Knight parts, they even have a staff in both of the kits (PA and TDA), though there may be an Inquisition =I= to fill in. Another feature might be robes or a tabard, which can be found in the Dark Angels Veteran boxes and the Grey Knight boxes repectively I think.

Hope that helps some <_<

I tried looking at the GK troop model sprues, but it was too difficult to see.

I'm guessing that one of them has a back torso that has a hood-like thing behind where the head would be? I also saw the GK had some spears and staffs, so perfect conversion there.

Thanks for the idea.

I tried looking at the GK troop model sprues, but it was too difficult to see.

I'm guessing that one of them has a back torso that has a hood-like thing behind where the head would be? I also saw the GK had some spears and staffs, so perfect conversion there.

Thanks for the idea.

All the Grey Knights have psychic hoods built into their armor, terminators & powered armor alike & are an excellent source for conversion bits, not just for librarians.

I also made a librarian from my bits box. I used a tabard torso from the BTs, a GK halberd, an old RT type backpack, the Severin Loth type helmet in the BT box and the ubiquitous shoulder-pad-turned-psychic-hood...

Archived