Greetings...

After lurking these forums for awhile I figure it was time to say hello.

I've been tabletop gaming on-and-off for 20+ years, and recently set to reinventing my Black Legion army. While I'm not happy with the current Chaos Codex I know that the day will come when the Dark Gods will turn their gaze to the faithful, and bless us will a new Codex. On that day, I will be ready. But I digress...

My plan it is to make this force blatantly Chaos, and not just 'Marines with Spikes'. (Don't get me wrong, I love spikes, but they only add so much to a model) I strive to create uniqueness with simple but effective 'hacks' to the provided kits, and add my own flair and customization. I want the army to look very cohesive while still creating many unique models mixed into the rank-and-file. The art for Chaos Marines is always a wonderful blend of a unified force, with each warrior adorning and customizing their armour personally. I hope to emulate that.

While I'm a strong painter, building is where I really shine. To this end I spend extra time removing mold lines, making minor-to-major conversions on the miniatures, and adding a ton of extra custom detailing to every vehicle I field. I will be starting with a 'pure' Black Legion core block, and once that is finished I will fill out with blocks devoted to each of the Dark Gods. Each block will get at least one 'centerpiece' model or unit that I plan to really put all my skills into. Some are already in planning/building stages, others are just dark thoughts in the back of my brain.

I will be starting a blog documenting my exploits. I've been asked questions in the past about my technique, and I think people will be interested in how I achieve some of my results. The free exchange of great ideas is a good thing, and I've got many many ideas.

As a teaser, please take some time to have a look at my Gallery while I get some things sorted and figure out where to start my rantings. Comments, questions, and all manner of musings are always welcome.

Black Legion Armour Gallery

gallery_64175_6589_176400.jpg

Archived