Black Templar win Da Boyz GT (Now with Feast Battle reports)

Darkwynn

Not wanting to sound like I am beating on my chest but putting this out there to let others that you can win GT events with Black Templar. I brought a unorthodox list into the event and clawed my way to the top.

http://daboyzgt.com/LinkClick.aspx?filetic...=96&mid=468

Out of 90+ people and at the end of the day I came out on top with BT. Looking to post battle reports but I played top 6 players from the nation.

Eric Hobbin IG

Kyle Oman

Shaun Kemp former ETC player

Greg Sparks

David Light

Wyatt Traina.

My list was

Emp Champion Accept any Challenge

7 Thunder hammer Terminators with Tank hunters

LRC with Blessed Hull, EA, Smoke, Dozer blades

3x5 man squads

Rhino

Two Typhoons

Two MM attack bikes

Terminators with two Cyclones and tank hunters

Regular Land raider with EA and Dozer blades

This was a comp event otherwise I would have dropped the Rhino, bikes and Cyclone terminators to pick up four more typhoons and a Marshal.

Hoping to post some battle reports soon.

Because Melta is cool and effective and everything but nothing beats a Tank to death better than 7 hate-powered-nuclear-fuelled-traitor-burning montrous hammers with +1 to damage rolls. ;)

Congratulations Brother, the High Marshal will speak your name with pride.

MR.

Two MM attack bikes

Regular Land raider with EA

Ah ha ha haaa, ha ha haaaa. Two of my favourite 'uncompetitive' units. Love it

MM Bikers aren't uncompetitive. Most players just prefer Land Speeders due to points cost (forced to take two Attack Bikes per squadron). However, in Darkwynn's list, I suspect it made very little difference because he was already paying their cost in the form of Typhoons.

Indeed, hence why I put the word uncompetitive in commas, more as an indication that you don't see them in many lists. I like MM bikes, always have. They'd be better if we had the option to take them in squadrons of 1 though.

I also like the LR Phobos, but I suspect I'm in the minority :lol:

Well done Darkwynn! :lol:

What did all the gamers and your buddies there say about you winning with an antique codex? :huh:

I will admit that I am more in the camp that Marshal Laeroth advocates, of fire power. But I am always open to different ways of skinning the cat, so to speak. Fire power wasn't my initial view of how to play Templars, more a natural progression due to coping with what opponents were up to.

But yeah, we'd all love to hear more :lol:

Wow! Awesome job. I'm still building up to my first game so I'd love to hear how each of the units you took did.

Also what your intended purpose for them was. As a new player I struggle to figure out what to build/paint (made a promise to myself to only use fully painted units lol)

Because Melta is cool and effective and everything but nothing beats a Tank to death better than 7 hate-powered-nuclear-fuelled-traitor-burning montrous hammers with +1 to damage rolls. :lol:

Congratulations Brother, the High Marshal will speak your name with pride.

MR.

seconded, with many lols.

also, congrats Mr. Darkwynn. Not sure how anyone can stomach those comp'd tournaments though. you are a far better man than I.

Congrats on the win.

Although noticed osmehitng funny on the lists... Blood Angles....Gives me a thought...

Blood Angles, brining a whole new meaning to mathhammer....take this! No you don't get armour saves against a 63 degree cotangent hammer!!! what is wrong with you!!

• 3 weeks later...

Guys,

I just came back from the Feast of Blades and just won first with BT there also. I will be posting round 1 Battle report from the Da boyz event this week.

As for the Feast games they were captured on Ustream.

The Event

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/feast-of-blades-top-table

Game 7 BT vs Deamons Finals

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/18414897

Game 4 BT vs Guard.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/18399828

Hope this help and people enjoy the content.

Archived