Hello

Hello everyone. I signed up about a month and a half ago but forgot to come introduce myself.

I started collecting aged about ten but by about 14/15 being my teenage self focussed more on sport and music. I found my dusty marines during a house move while at university and I started painting them up during the holidays as a way of relaxing. I graduated this year and my continued unemployment has left me with huge tracts of time to fill and you can only practice bass for so many hours a day! The are marines a project to focus on and keep me from going crazy while application after application goes nowhere.

I don't really know anyone who is into miniatures/models, let alone 40k, so I've signed up on here to get input on my painting and modelling.

I've got two threads going about my chapter the Crimson Tears (for the moment they are vanilla marines, but I started them during 4th ed where you could equip tac. marines with bolt pistols and close combat weapons using the chapter creator thingy in the codex, so I may be looking at Black Templar or Blood Angel rules to accommodate the 20 or so marines already made up like that). One is a general progress thread and the other is dedicated to my Sternguard who I've decided to turn into a project in their own right as it was them that really inspired me to get back into the swing of things properly (well, them and my unemployment :)).

• 3 weeks later...

Archived