Can deathwing terminators/ravenwing

Roma

There seems to eb alot of online debate wether or not you can take 7 deathwing units and all are scoring. Is there a defenite GW-approved answer to this?

I'm not the best one to answer this, but doesn't it say you can/may take DW/RW units as troops, rather than DW/RW units become troops?

Nope it's pretty simple.

If the rules states (As I think it does) as troops or elites/fast you can take 9 units of the same, but 3 will not score as elite/fast doesn't score while troops do.

So you can take 9 deathwing squads at high points levels, but only 6 will be able to claim objectives

You can take 9 units of Deathwing, but only 6 can be troops, the other 3 will fill the elites slot. If you choose to do this, make sure you clearly explain to your opponent which squads count as troops before you start playing, otherwise there will be trouble.

I don't have the extra missions book, but I've been told that the book has more modifications for the missions than are found in the missions from the BRB, such as "All Heavy Support doesn't come in until round 3/4 due to deployment delays" or "All vehicles are considered destroyed/disappear before the first round of play." If any of you know specifics on that, are there any missions from the book that modify what counts as a scoring unit? I think that might be interesting to have in a scenario, something like "Only jump pack, jet pack or speeder/bike equipped units have the speed to grab and run with the objectives, so only these count as scoring for this mission." If there are modifications like that, are any of those scenarios ever used to play an official GW tournament, as it is their product?

one point I love mentioning is, the RW attack squadrons landspeader and attack bike are ALWAYS scorring unit irrespective of whether Sammael is a HQ or not (aka they still score if they are a FA choice)

C:DA p27, its in the text of the RW attack squadrons combat sq rule text. btw this section has not been FAQ'ed like the normal combat sq section in our codex.

one point I love mentioning is, the RW attack squadrons landspeader and attack bike are ALWAYS scorring unit irrespective of whether Sammael is a HQ or not (aka they still score if they are a FA choice)

C:DA p27, its in the text of the RW attack squadrons combat sq rule text. btw this section has not been FAQ'ed like the normal combat sq section in our codex.

This is 100% textually correct and yet you should be advised of 2 things;

1. You would be a decent human beeing if you mentioned this before the game starts to prevent opponent surprises when you claim something with them.

2. Depending on your region you might not be allowed to use them as scoring as I've had no luck getting specific mentions removed in other Dutch rulespacks for example.

So if you want to use this in a tournament, best check this beforehand with a TO before you base a list on it :)

Archived