Night Lords Army Question

Guest giant275

Guest giant275

I'm going to start a Chaos Space Marine army. I'm thinking of painting it in the Night Lords paint scheme.

My question is this: Do i HAVE to buy the Night Lords conversion pack (Helmets and Shoulderpads) for the Chaos Space Marines 10-man box? Or is it ok to just use the normal Helmets and Shoulderpads included in the box?

No, you don't have to use the conversion parts if you do not want to. I don't know many people who care for the helmets so I seriously doubt anyone would give you much problem anyway.

There are a few things that have special rules so it is good to make it very obvious which models are what. You don't want to have your berserkers looking like your thousand sons or your plague marines looking like your basic chaos space marine. Now, I may be wrong but besides the cool paintjob and goofy ears, a night lords squad is just a standard CSM troop. There is really no need to make them look different than a stock CSM. So go ahead and use the standard CSM models if you want. If you want, you could use a few models with the conversion pack for Chosen and squad champions just to give the army a little more flare but the paint scheme is what ties an army together.

You never HAVE to buy a certain model to represent certain things. You can always use plastic parts to build any metal model. Check some of the WiP threads in this forum for inspiration.

For Night Lords, let me direct you to Dan the Demon's Night Lords thread: Night Lords 18th Battle Company

Should give you some ideas how to model Night Lords without the silly bat wings.

I've never liked them but ADB mentions in one of the NL books that the bat wing helmet's where ceremonial. So maybe a lord or A.C could have one.

Completely agree with this statement.

As everyone else has said, you don't need to buy the Night Lords pack at all. I think the marines look better without the bat wing ears, but having said that, i would personally use one bat wing helmet for the lord to make him stand apart from the rest of your army.

The.Latros.Sacrum

• 2 weeks later...

What was unsaid in ADB's books is that wearing a helm with the bat wings is part of the initiation for commanders.

Night Lords armor should be mismatched anyway. They patch up with stuff they find left and right. You can even use some standard SM pieces. Gives a fluffy perspective.

And the cool thing about using standard SM parts. EVERYBODY has lots of extras laying around :cuss

Archived