Admech as Necrons

IronfrontAlex

Hello Internets!

I've been making an adeptus mechanicus force for some time now, and other sites (hind MOAR DA---) have had members get on my case about this but...

would there be a problem with using adeptus mechanicus as necrons? I mean they have a relation to the void dragon, admech have an affinity for technology (and some with xeno). The cult mechanicum essentially worships a shard of a star god which the necrons want. One is half cybernetic and the other is full. Admech have cybernetica (or had) etc.

does anyone see issues with the "count as"?

The army lists don't really match up. Necron tech is WAY in advance of Imperial tech, and there's always that pesky WBB/ResP issue - Skitarii don't self-repair.

Also, necrons, even with the new codex, don't have the same kind of armoured units that the AdMech do.

If it looks cool, I doubt anyone would mind.

For example, over in the Space Wolf forum, when people ask what reactions they'll get if they show up with Space Wolves that are just normal marine models painted blue/white/rainbow/whatever, they are usually told to get ready to get scoffed at.

If you're gonne play play wolves, play wolves.

However, if you do something cool, like a highlands army, Tigers of Terra or something else that looks good and/or unusual, you'll be fine...

Hey, I've even seen the tyranid codex used for admech. If GW wanted admech to use a specific codex, they would have given us one, so you do whatever you want. If anyone gives you any trouble, lobotimize them and make them your servitor :D

I think this idea is very worthy. I thought about that for a very long time. Consider Necrons seems to have connections with AM.

I know Necron technology should be superior to Imperium's one but remember AM sends Explorator ships across the Galaxy, tasked to acquire new knowledge, thus new technology.

It is not unknown for AM to acquire alien technology. Deathwatch often acquire it for AM and brings it to some forge world. Look at the Callidus' C'tan sword for example.

If you want a strict "fluff" approach for your army you have pleanty of option:

1. AM pure force based on advanced teachnology, both STC or alien itself.

2. A force belonging to the Legio Cybernetica, my orginal idea. This would explain the "robotic look" of your army.

3. Considered the rumors about the new Necron's "fluff" it wouldn't be illogical for a Necron Overlord to trade with other races and given the ideology of AM they could easily cut a deal.

4. You could say a radical Inquisitor worked woth AM and gave them such technologies acquired in way it's better to keep secret or he/she could have cut the deal of point number 3, for example in order to counter common enemies like Tyranids, Orks or even chaos.

5. It's your army and you have the right to start the modelling projects you like. If the army is legal no one can make troubles. Am I playing according rules? If I do my opponet does not have to care if in my mind the minis on the table represent AM.

Not to mention it would be a very interesting project and if you are willing to make some conversion/modification you will able to field an unique army; a very charismatic army that will attract many attentions when you place it on the table.

I think this idea is very worthy. I thought about that for a very long time. Consider Necrons seems to have connections with AM.

I know Necron technology should be superior to Imperium's one but remember AM sends Explorator ships across the Galaxy, tasked to acquire new knowledge, thus new technology.

It is not unknown for AM to acquire alien technology. Deathwatch often acquire it for AM and brings it to some forge world. Look at the Callidus' C'tan sword for example.

If you want a strict "fluff" approach for your army you have pleanty of option:

1. AM pure force based on advanced teachnology, both STC or alien itself.

2. A force belonging to the Legio Cybernetica, my orginal idea. This would explain the "robotic look" of your army.

3. Considered the rumors about the new Necron's "fluff" it wouldn't be illogical for a Necron Overlord to trade with other races and given the ideology of AM they could easily cut a deal.

4. You could say a radical Inquisitor worked woth AM and gave them such technologies acquired in way it's better to keep secret or he/she could have cut the deal of point number 3, for example in order to counter common enemies like Tyranids, Orks or even chaos.

5. It's your army and you have the right to start the modelling projects you like. If the army is legal no one can make troubles. Am I playing according rules? If I do my opponet does not have to care if in my mind the minis on the table represent AM.

Not to mention it would be a very interesting project and if you are willing to make some conversion/modification you will able to field an unique army; a very charismatic army that will attract many attentions when you place it on the table.

well similar to a thorian inquisitor who uses deamonhosts to protect the imperium, the ommnissads (my admech) are equally, borderline heretical. they want to reincarnate the emperor/machine spirit/omnissiah into an "Avatar" of biological and technological fortitude. They aremore than willing to use xeno tech to further thier goals and they believe the rise of the necrons to be a sign of what they must do.

I think for all intends an dpurposes they would have to be DARK admech to account for the new shiny toys which they got from being unscrupulous and not worrying about all those pesky 'Don't make anything new and nothing that offends the emperor' rules and such.

well similar to a thorian inquisitor who uses deamonhosts to protect the imperium, the ommnissads (my admech) are equally, borderline heretical. they want to reincarnate the emperor/machine spirit/omnissiah into an "Avatar" of biological and technological fortitude. They aremore than willing to use xeno tech to further thier goals and they believe the rise of the necrons to be a sign of what they must do.

I agree with you about the use of Xeno tech by Adeptus Mechanicus. If I remember correctly AM persues the acquisition of knowledge itself, considered one of purest achievement; regardless its "origins".

I see no problem for an Inquisitor to use alien tech or working with xenos for the achievement of a common goal.

It's clear they would both considered "heritical" by Ecclesiarchy but that's why they would be so intersting :devil:

I always had more respect for the AM than Ecclesiarchy so it's not a problem for my armies' "fluff" to be defy it. If I want to avoid the "heritical" issue I include a relationship with a very powerful Inquisitor who will prevent the intervation of some faction with the Inquisition itself.

• 3 weeks later...

The Universal Laws of the Adeptus Mechanicus include warnings against xeno-tech (09), so using Necron elements is heretical. But it's a cool heresy, I say go for it!

Universal Laws:

The Mysteries

01. Life is directed motion.

02. The spirit is the spark of life.

03. Sentience is the ability to learn the value of knowledge.

04. Intellect is the understanding of knowledge.

05. Sentience is the basest form of Intellect.

06. Understanding is the True Path to Comprehension.

07. Comprehension is the key to all things.

08. The Omnissiah knows all, comprehends all.

The Warnings

09. The alien mechanism is a perversion of the True Path.

10. The soul is the conscience of sentience.

11. A soul can be bestowed only by the Omnissiah.

12. The Soulless sentience is the enemy of all.

13. The knowledge of the ancients stands beyond question.

14. The machine spirit guards the knowledge of the ancients.

15. Flesh is fallible, but ritual honours the machine spirit.

16. To break with ritual is to break with faith.

Archived