Black or Green?

Chaplain_Kael

I was thinking about starting a Dark angels army based after the heresy and maybe pre destruction of Caliban, but i wasnt sure when they changed from black to green and was wondering if any of you guys would be so kind as to help me out? Any info would be much appreciated.

My personal opinion is that the loyalists changed their armor just before the drop on Caliban as a way to tell friend from foe, (most tactical Primarch remember) but the fluff never has been very specific about when the change occured.

It seems that one of the HH Books, one of the short story collections, says in a conversation between Astelan and another DA that the Lion ordered the Calibanite DA's to the Dark Green whilst the Terran DA's had no idea this had happened.

Just saw it today over in the Heresy section.

Cheers,

Jono

I myself struggle with this color thing myself, I don't like that color changed because of a misprint of chapter name. But I also like both color schemes. So whenever I get to painting stuff for my DA I usually settle on mixing DA green with some black to make it a very very very dark green.

Yes. The whole change to green and white happened after the destruction of Caliban. So if you want a legion before so they'll be black with red symbol.

But i think it's more important to remember it was 10k years ago, so you'll need Forge Heresy bitz to make your marines look as it was.

Archived