The 'New' Chaos rumour

Prot

Found this on BoLS:

Regarding Chaos:

...the first thing i have to say is that there are 2 chaos books planed

one more renagade based the other legion based the legion one will be that, dudes who are 10000 years old kicking ass n taking names

there "may" be a inquisitor who's gone bad but really expect new guys in the renegade one. its lost and the damned influenced... but it has other options....

..."Chaos Legions as an uber-elite army, probably comparable to Grey Knights in that regard?" - YES

"and a second book that deals with Chaos Renegades, that includes Chaos Guard, or might even focus on non-marine chaos?" - YES

I have personally got a man crush on Huron, so I want him back!

Lol you and Huron. Well like I said in the other thread, sounds great but I'll believe it when I see it.

Haha! I can't help it. Huron had me at 'Hello, meet my Hamidraya!'

Seriously though he won me over as I fell further away from the old way of thinking of chaos. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. There's lots of room in the warp.

BUT since seeing this rumour, I was surprised how much of it reminded me of my own wish list post. But more importantly, I wanted to dig up my 'new' Huron Rules post which I think would fit into the rumoured plans!

Huron needs a MASSIVE update and potentially (depending on the changes) a point reduction:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

HURON:

- Charismatic Recruiter of the Dark Powers: Huron allows the use of one item, like a squad, or vehicle (non special character) from Codex Space Marines.

- A Higher Calling: Any unit Huron joins counts as scoring.

- Gauntlet: Huron's flame hand is empowered by Chaos. Counts as a +2 Poison, AP3 flamer or a single melta gun shot. The Gauntlet (counts as lightning claw) allows Huron to make D3 bonus attacks. To wound Rolls of '6' are counted as rending and allow an additional attack. (Think BA Blood Talon dreadnought).

- The Hamidraya: Still allows Warp Time, but I'd probably tweak Warp Time. The Hamidraya is a unique character, seemingly of warp origin and has a very unique connection to Huron. Huron is rumoured to have glimpses of the future through the Hamidraya (or the entity that created it) and as a result Huron my attempt to cancel any Psychic power successfully cast within 24" of Huron on a 4+

- The Faithless: A squad of Huron's finest. It's a unit that can be taken with him (additional benefit to this) or without him (to lead in his absence). This unit would be VERY cool because they would be comprised of various abilities from -loyalist- Chapters. These 'ex' loyalists would have brought the best of their skill set with them, and were chosen to serve by his side for this reason.

- "We're Free!": A Chaos army that includes Huron may include up to one Imperial Guard Penal Legion (Blood Pact).

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Unit choices:

Completely redo the Generic Chaos Lord and Chaos Sorcerer. These units are waaaay behind the times.

- Raptors. These could be viewed as a roaming death squad (kind of as they should be.) I see them more in the roll of what Legion of the Damned fullfill for Space Marines. Right now, they aren't even close.

- Limit Daemon Princes to one per army.

- Upgrade Daemons. I'd go back to 3rd edition, keeping points realistic. All deamons should not be equal.

- Greater Daemons... redo entirely. Summoning... needs tweaking as well.

- Obliterators. This will be a hot topic, but I'd go back to a more powerful version, BUT restrict availability again.

- Chosen. These guys really should be special. They should be closer to Space Marine Vanguard but more close combat oriented, less 'shooty' options perhaps.

- Drop Pods. 'nough said.

- Troops: Generic Chaos Marines need some help. Icons should be gone entirely, in favour of minor 'gifts' or 'marks'. Banners could/should work like Space Wolf banners.... a squad wide effect that is strong, and encourages -large squad sizes- to maximize banner effect. (IE: Feel no Pain in CC.... or whatever).

- Possessed: Less crappy, less expensive. I liked these models, and they were a wasted effort due to terrible rules. The 'downside' of powers stopped being a design mantra for GW in 5th so either these guys get good powers for their points cost -or- make the random element less... craptastic.

- New unit: Mini-Defiler: Less oriented towards a large blast, and more a medium transport /squad destroyer. I'd love to see something that actually punishes opponents for taking mech armies... it's way over done.

- Spawn units: Complete Redux.

- Havoks: The don't have to be Long Fangs, but how about making them simply competitive?

- New Unit: Cultists. Followers of Chaos in the form of basic PDF guardsman with a 'flank' option (think of the IG Penal Legion as a great example). A random roll for the unit's 'speciality'. Also capable of summoning at a cost.

..."Chaos Legions as an uber-elite army, probably comparable to Grey Knights in that regard?" - YES

About time. My only fear will be balancing all of them (especially the non-cult and cult legions) will be a nightmare that will lead to over simplication or a huge delay as they try to figure it all out.

"and a second book that deals with Chaos Renegades, that includes Chaos Guard, or might even focus on non-marine chaos?" - YES

Also good to hear. I'd expect to see alot of cultist/pirate/civilian heavy Word Bearer, Red Corsair and Alpha Legion armies popping up having fun with this.

The uber elite army could be a reference to the Mourningval (spelling?) from Horus' inner circle. That would tie in nicely. We really don't know how GW and the Black Library are going to establish the Emperor's "death" in this version of the heresy. It could be that a last living essense of Horus could guide that inner circle. And those guys would have access to some seriously potent stuff/legionaries.

I definately hope these rumours are true. Things I would like to see is the return of proper Dark Apostles and Crozius Arcanum's. As for The renegade dex I would love to see an entry for possible Chaos cultist clans (for the Word Bearers to use and abuse of course haha).

The.Latros.Sacrum

almost sounds too good to be true.

Let's hope that Matt ward write's our new dex .. allright the fluff will make no sense at all anymore but we'll get some new shiny over-the-top units LOL

To hell with that. I'd rather have awsome fluff and a broken codex (again), than ever let that son of a :tu: touch my codex...

To hell with that. I'd rather have awsome fluff and a broken codex (again), than ever let that son of a :tu: touch my codex...

I dunno about this man. We have so much good tidbits of info in our old codex books/BL literature/IA articles I think it would almost be worth it just to have decent rules to represent us. I think two bad written codex books (ruleswise) in a row would be the deathblow to games workshop to me anyway.

One can only hope that they've finally come to their senses.

... Or at least, the sheer loudness of the assent that the current codex is crap scored a penetrating hit to their ears.

I'm more inclined to believe it was the AP 1 factor of the hit they took to their stocks more than it was any sort of public outcry.

I'd be happy to just have Iron Warriors be something other than Black Legion in steel-colored armor honestly. I miss having a basilisk for unique reasons as well as the servo-arms while sacrificing marked troops since w/ this dex I just about have to have them in order to play against other armies. Plus, the whole trade 2 FA for 1 HS always suited me anyway because I only ever take 1 FA choice.

almost sounds too good to be true.

Let's hope that Matt ward write's our new dex .. allright the fluff will make no sense at all anymore but we'll get some new shiny over-the-top units LOL

To hell with that. I'd rather have awsome fluff and a broken codex (again), than ever let that son of a :( touch my codex...

I don't know, Matt Ward makes things over the top....and if if any force in 40k is ment to be over the top, its Chaos! 10,000 year old post-humans worshipping gods of pure emotion smashing our way across a galaxy that has rejected us, kinda hard to make that over the top. After 5 years of GW making chaos look like a bunch of incompetent twits, its about time we got our over-the-topness back.

It's not the 'over the top' part that bugs me, it's the 'what the hell?!?' moments...like BA's and Necrons bro-fisting, Ultramarines and Tau giving each other high fives, and Grey Knights soaking themselves in the blood of Sisters of Battle. So yeah, I fear him writing our fluff. We'd probably end up hanging out with Grey Knights, or giving Guardsman hugs...

Personally, I'm sure that all of the Grey Knights have been (unwittingly) touched by Tzeentch, but that's another topic.

I might collect Black Legion, but I would be so amazingly happy if we got some of the uniqueness Chaos is renowned for back...I want to bring the Imperium to it's knees already!! :angry:

Archived