Aqui

I always thought the rainbow warriors were based on UH Manoa's football team which was the Rainbow Warriors in the eighties and part of the nineties. I know it's an American college, but space marines seemed to take a lot of their heraldry from American Football. Granted UH's colors are green and white. They did have rainbows on their helmets for a long time.

I would really like to see more Hawai'ian elements in the IA article. The newer UH Warriors logo has some cool design elements, and the traditional Hawaiian warrior would translate well into a space marine chapter. I can see a lot has already been decided upon, but I hope it isn't too late. If you google hawaiian warrior you can get a look at the traditional ensemble as well as some of the tattoo designs which would look epic on powered armor. Not to mention that in Hawai'i tattoos are your story, so the artwork on the armor could tell the story of the warrior, with scouts having few to none.

My version of the Rainbow Warriors are primarily Aztec and Mayan in back ground, so it wouldn't be a far stretch to add a bit of Hawai'i in there too.

I dare someone will be along suggesting one of the battle cry's to be "Aloha" or "Surf's up, dude!" ......

Maybe not.... :)

I have no idea if this would help at all but having been in the US Army always thought this was funny and when I first saw this chapter I immediately thought of them.

Rainbow Division

I don't know much about US Millitary units (being a Limey :ph34r: ), but I hadn't heard of this one. What little I do know many comes from films and Star Gate (I know that mainly air force, but I digress :P )

Good to know that there is a real unit of Rainbow Warriors out there :P

Yeah I wonder if this is where GW got the idea from. The division was particularly well decorated after world war II IIRC. Always thought how ironic it was to call them rainbow warriors which has taken on its own connotation in recent years. Kinda like calling a huge guy "Tiny". Anyway enough rambling, hope I didnt get this thread too off topic.

Yeah I wonder if this is where GW got the idea from. The division was particularly well decorated after world war II IIRC. Always thought how ironic it was to call them rainbow warriors which has taken on its own connotation in recent years. Kinda like calling a huge guy "Tiny". Anyway enough rambling, hope I didnt get this thread too off topic.

No worries. Getting off topic is almost expected at some point in the Liber. It's (fairly) strongly rumoured that the name comes from the Greenpeace ship(s) of the same name. The ships seemed to have been named from Native American Legends, which s what I'm drawing inspiration (to some extent) from.

Despite having some time off work, I seem to be running around in circles with this, which is frustrating, so rather than force myself to get ideas, I'll let them come to me in the fullness of time.

I'll post anything that comes up as and when :lol:

Please tell me that all of the central settlements of the various tribes will be:

-Viridian City

-Lavender Town

-Pewter City

-Vermillion City

-Cerulean City

-Saffron City

-Celadon City

-Fushia City

-Port Cinibarr

-Seafoam

And, of course, their Fortress Monostary:

-Fort Pallet, whose defences are overseen by Brother-Captain Oak, Master of the Watch

^_^

• 1 month later...

Whilst looking on the GW site recently, I couldn't help but notice a certain Marine on this page. So the Rainbow Warriors aren't dead after all! ;) ^_^ (unless GW just don't want the Copyright/Trademark to run out by letting it go... :lol: ) I can't help but notice also that the Marine above from the Death Strike Chapter (whom I've never heard of before) have the same Insignia and very similar colour scheme....

Still, good to see GW acknowledging them in some form, even if it isn't by means of Fluff (baring the location of their Home world in C:SM)

Edit: Typos :D

Yeah I have seen some mention that deathstrike took over for the rainbow warriors. They are eerily similar in color and symbol. I have the feeling that the RW will never really be fleshed out much by GW, just another one of the many chapters that have a color scheme and not much else.

Archived