Great Crusade Thousand Sons

Kierdale

Thanks, Rhetoricus. Actually your comment got me thinking: the T'fire could do with more decoration -as I did with Akhenaten- so I think I'll make a GS gold cartouche for one side of the gun and put Septu's hieroglyphs in it.

Techmarine Septu and his thunderfire cannon are complete!

gallery_63428_6618_106135.jpg

gallery_63428_6618_46200.jpg

That second shot shows the golden cartouche on the cannon-housing's right side, containing the hieroglyphs for his name.

Right-side shot with controller-screen.

gallery_63428_6618_81374.jpg

Left-side shot with Athanaean cult icon.

gallery_63428_6618_13904.jpg

And some more shots of the cannon itself.

gallery_63428_6618_32779.jpg

gallery_63428_6618_115728.jpg

gallery_63428_6618_33936.jpg

With that last one I only realised that the inside of the barrels weren't black after uploading the photo. They're now black.

With a game coming up at the end of the month not at a GW store, I'm currently busy making terrain (thankfully, having just moved to a new apartment and bought new furniture, I've got lots of polystyrene! :D ) but do have a scout squad to get on with in the future. At last sergeant Telion Maahes will have some snipers and a missile launcher to command!

Woo-hoo! Kierdale update! Little details like the ones on the Thunderfire Cannon really make your minis shine. Is it sad that I look forward to your log (in my defense, I have to steal my ideas from somewhere :))? Seriously though, do you have plans to make anything from the Legion list, or will you stick to C:SM rules?

Woo-hoo! Kierdale update! Little details like the ones on the Thunderfire Cannon really make your minis shine. Is it sad that I look forward to your log (in my defense, I have to steal my ideas from somewhere :))? Seriously though, do you have plans to make anything from the Legion list, or will you stick to C:SM rules?

Thanks, Crimson Hawk. I'm flattered! Steal away. If I can inspire anyone then I'm very pleased.

I don't yet have Betrayal and am likely to just wait until FW features a book containing the XV Legion...though how much game use I'll get from it I don't know, for several reasons. One being that I usually play against Japanese or other non-English speakers over here: while a lot speak reasonable English, explaining stuff might be tiresome. Another point is whether or not a 30k list is compatible/a fair match for a 40k list. And finally, most importantly, I'm going to be a dad in April of next year: I foresee my gaming time, if not my entire hobby time, vanishing for quite some time so I have to ask myself if I can invest that much in a dedicated FW army.

At the moment I'm going to keep on building with a view to continuing with C:SM. if units can be adapted to the 30k Legion rule set too: all the better.

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent work - love your green stuff work, It makes all your models pop.

By the way - I did not steal the camo scheme from your cloak - I have only just seen it ;)

Thanks NightHunters. I think it helped that I sent my pictures on a (IIRC) Tuesday: everyone gets their modelling done on weekends and puts stuff on Flickr on Sunday. There's more chance of getting noticed on other days, maybe :woot:

Excellent work - love your green stuff work, It makes all your models pop.

By the way - I did not steal the camo scheme from your cloak - I have only just seen it :lol:

Thanks Elmo!

I believe you about the camo ;)

I'm not jealous of you I must say: doing sergeant Telion Maahes' cloak took me quite a while. I only have to repeat it for five scouts...you've got a full army to do it on!

I'll be watching. B)

• 1 month later...

Thank you very much, ShOsen and KBA!

At the moment the army is somewhat on the backburner as I focus on my Imperial Guard, though I do have a box of scout snipers that I might do in the new year, particularly if the B&C has another painting challenge.

They'll be modelled -and based- as per sergeant Telion Maahes.

• 1 year later...

Thought I'd actually repost the pics, seeing as no-one else has:

Edit: oops

uhhh...here's a Kson [looks like a WIP of Legion upgrade kit]

http://heresy30k.invisionzone.com/uploads/gallery/album_75/gallery_69_75_1273257.jpg

This...this could draw me back to the sons of Prospero...

Just when I was thinking about repurposing a good few of them as Scythes...

If I do go back to them, I'll have to repaint a lot of the earlier models (cringingly bad) and perhaps split up the head-crest marines for use as sergeants.

Oh, and get rid of those Gods-awful jump packs I scratchbuilt for the vanguard! :D

Jesus man, I just read through this plog for the first time after you've threadomancied it from the grave. Why did you ever give up? This is possibly the best converted army I have ever seen. I mean I love your Scythes but these are really something else. 

Archived