Triple Firing Missiles?

Ironbug

Hi,

I'm looking for missile launchers, now I'm pretty sure Chaos USED to have the style I'd like, I think it could've been the Havocs?

Id like missile launchers, where, on the back, top of them they have the ammo on them?

I'm sorry, its hard to explain, they sort of look like they'd fire in triple bursts?

Update?

Jsut found an example,

Is there a way to get, or make these, or will I have to jsut get Chaos ones, and convert them?

Example : http://alejka.pl/chaos-havoc-with-missile-launcher.html

Thanks for your help and patience guys ;)

X

I have a couple of 2nd Ed. space marines with missile launchers that had a rack of missiles that loaded in like on the picture you've posted, although they loaded from the bottom rather than the top.

I'm struggling to find a side on picture to link to (mine are currently in pieces after stripping the paint off), but will see what I can find.

Edit: found a picture out of the old wargear book

http://www.planetfortress.com/tf2models/previews/Battle%20Grounds%2040K/MissileLauncher.jpg

Look for Forgeworld RBT 01 style missile launchers for one example where teh ammo is on top but that is an older style. The Chaos missile launchers from 2nd ed AFAIK had the ammo magazine above the launcher.

If you look around the web you might be able to find some of the 2nd ed plastic space marine tacticals that came w/ the starter set. It's very easy to lop the ammo feed off the bottom & swap it around to the top. Or, alternatively, if you take an IG missile launcher & the spare SM missiles it'd be pretty easy to build a rack for them to drop down in a gravity feed.

What's really funny is that the Chaos versions of the missile launcher from Second Edition seem to load from the top, while the Loyalist versions all load from the bottom. Odd.

Maybe it's cuz the Chaos version just uses a gravity feed so it has less moving parts & is easier to maintain & the loyalists can use a mechanical/spring load cuz they don't have limited supply lines?

What's really funny is that the Chaos versions of the missile launcher from Second Edition seem to load from the top, while the Loyalist versions all load from the bottom. Odd.

Maybe it's cuz the Chaos version just uses a gravity feed so it has less moving parts & is easier to maintain & the loyalists can use a mechanical/spring load cuz they don't have limited supply lines?

Perhaps.

What I find really hilarious is how insane a feeding mechanism either method is. One jam or misfeed and you're blowing the back end of that launcher tube to pieces, with your head following suit.

Of course, 40K is far from realistic <_<

Perhaps.

What I find really hilarious is how insane a feeding mechanism either method is. One jam or misfeed and you're blowing the back end of that launcher tube to pieces, with your head following suit.

Of course, 40K is far from realistic :)

That same chaos missle launcher is what you get in the most up-to-date chaos pack. I find that funny.

• 1 month later...
I have a couple of 2nd Ed. space marines with missile launchers that had a rack of missiles that loaded in like on the picture you've posted, although they loaded from the bottom rather than the top.

I'm struggling to find a side on picture to link to (mine are currently in pieces after stripping the paint off), but will see what I can find.

Edit: found a picture out of the old wargear book

http://www.planetfortress.com/tf2models/previews/Battle%20Grounds%2040K/MissileLauncher.jpg

This picture is for the 1st Ed. Space Marine Missile Launchers. You can get them in the 30 tactical marine box, with the Beak helmeted SM. Super hard to come by now, and I've compared them to the latest versions of the SM, and they are a bit smaller, so not sure if they would match up without some modifications.

Archived