Salamander/Lizard Cloaks for Terminators

Well, I've read and used the tutorial on making Salamander/Lizard cloaks for Space Marines using the Dark Elf Corsair bits but as I continue building my Salamanders army I came across the problem of cloaks for Terminators. The Corsair cloaks seem to be a bit small for a Terminator, does anyone know any other bits or bits from other companies that could be used? I would try to just green stuff some cloaks for them but all I've ever really managed to do successfully with green stuff is fill in holes and cracks. Any one have any ideas?

Have you considered getting a cloak like that from the CSM termie lord:

http://www.thewarstore.com/media/BWB/ss_size2/43-1213.jpg

And then try sculpting individual scales out of green stuff then gluing them on? It's pretty easy to make a buncha little elongated hexagons & once they're dry glue them in place. Do a couple to get your sizing down & then go from the bottom up since the top has the fur "collar" it will make it easier to blend them since inevitably you're going to have to do partials so wait til you're done to sculpt them to get an idea of size & shape. Then attached them before they cure & trim & use your tool to poke the edges down a bit so it helps the fur look like it overlaps.

Just my .02.

Hrmm, that could work possibly. I'll definitely have to give it a try, a friend also suggested to me that perhaps try and get a hold of a cold one (preferrably the fat old ones) and just make a GS mold on just the scales. It sounds plausible but is this illegal at all? Seeing as how I'd be making a mold of a GW product, even just part of one? Anyone know?

Hrmm, that could work possibly. I'll definitely have to give it a try, a friend also suggested to me that perhaps try and get a hold of a cold one (preferrably the fat old ones) and just make a GS mold on just the scales. It sounds plausible but is this illegal at all? Seeing as how I'd be making a mold of a GW product, even just part of one? Anyone know?

It's perfectly legal for the purposes you're seeking to use it for yes. To be honest, the whole legal/illegal thing falls under GW's intellectual property which is a load of BS. But that's a very controversial topic around here. The rule of thumb is that if you're not actually copying whole models or whole parts it's fine, especially if you're doing something that GW doesn't even make like an adamantine mantle or if you're pulling an aquilla off a model to make the same detail on another.

Archived