Anyone bought from Chapterhouse?

Evicerator

Thinking about buying the Chapterhouse Stormraven Tru-scale kit, but before I invested money into someone I've never bought from before, nor have I really heard of others buying from, I figured I would ask on the B&C to see if others have bought this kit and whether it had fitment issues/etc. (a review on their actual site states as much, but Nick has answered all of my emails very fast and has been very patient with my questions so I would like to give them a try, but nervous to drop the $20 in case there are issues)

I really had no idea where to post this and I DID search for anything related to this and came up with nothing but initial release news. So I apologize in advance if there is a thread discussing this already or if this is in the wrong spot.

Thanks!

Nick is a good guy, I deal with him a lot. I have never bought the SR kit, but it seems nice. But be prepared, resin kits/parts in general may have some flash, warping and fit issues. This is the way it is with resin and something you as the modeler/builder will need to deal with.

Ashton

The SR kit is really nice really adds something to the model however there are a few warping/fitting issues also the resin is a bit thin and you do disrupt the centre of gravity of the model so you will need to pin the base to the raven.

I bought three kits. One went together without any hassle, the other two I had to work with. If you are used to modeling, the changes due to warpage, shrinkage are acceptable but will take a bit of fitting, checking, and gap filling.

Because the resin pieces are a little thin, I used greenstuff to reinforce the joins and provide additional stability. I didn't really know what I was getting myself into, not having worked with resin conversion kits before. The construction took longer than I anticipated, but mostly because I was trying to figure out stuff along the way. I did expect the kit to fit a little better than it did.

So, those are some of the negatives associated with this conversion kit.

Now, the upside...

With all that said, I'd do it again because at the end of the day, the model looks so much better that it's hardly worth asking if the price is worth the prize. For me, it was a no brainer. I'd do it again, even knowing what I know now. I know a lot of people have put together the kit without the conversion and they are happy with what they have, but I just could not get past the aethetics. If you consider what the kit costs, the additional dollars are worth the improvement to the vehicle.

If you're asking me directly, I'd say go ahead and get the kit.

I think Chapterhouse (and Nick in particular) is a great company and support them wholeheartedly...and no, CH did not compensate me in any way to say that, though I do think I drove Nick a little crazy with my swarms of emails because I was all over his butt for two months until he released them, once I found out they were coming out. :)

I will be posting pictures of my SR's in my WIP Custodes thread in a couple of days.

Cheers,

* Feel free to PM me about any other questions you have about the kit if you decide to go forward with your purchase.

Oh yes I wasn't knocking the kit I was very pleased with mine really nice as a transporter variant if you remove the top turret just like a mini thunderhawk I was only saying a few of the issues I found though they where nothing that couldn't be easily rectified with time and the kit as a whole was better than some of the :tu: forgeworld has sent me in the past. I say definatly pick up a kit.

I recommend it too.

It has some minor fitting issues because of warping but nothing, that can't be solved with putty and plasticard. The resin is very soft too, so beware when removing flash with a x-acto knive, you could cut too deep into the part.

Overall, the stormraven looks way better with the kit, so the work is worth it :P

Archived