Putting st celestines cape on an emperors champ

I didn't cut any of the bumps off since I didn't pin it. There really isn't a lot of leverage on the pieces and they aren't particularly heavy, so I figured that the glue would hold it unless I dropped it. The glue is strong enough that I'm not worried about normal handling, but I'm not going to say that this is the best thing to have done.

EDIT: I just realized you weren't putting Celestine together, but putting a piece of Celestine on a different model. Sorry about that; I was very tired last night when I first saw this thread...

as far as the cape goes i did this a while back and tbh i just superglued it to a space marine backpack then glued that to the model.. wasnt the best method in the world but it worked.. pinning it would have made it more sturdy but imho it would require being pinned through the backpack and to the actual model itself.

I cut the bump off the back of the champion and drilled a hole just above where it used to be and stuck a pin in it...covered up the hole so I can prime the champion without spoiling the hole and covered up the bump on the halo piece also the cape and halo are pinned together now....so nothing should bother that...got the lining of the cape done now...need some dullcoat to take away the shine from the mechrite red in the creases...but when I'm finished the cape I'll post a picture

Archived