The Sons of =][=DELETED=][=

Ace Debonair

Its not that you nailed it on the first try per say, the parts that you would generally get C&C on is all the stuff that has been =Deleted=. In this case, it just so happens to fit your IA perfectly in my opinion. Its hard to give C&C on information that isnt there (or has been removed by the inquisition).

Also, every time i read this, i laugh quite hard, thank you.

This is the very best IA I have read in a long time, I really enjoyed the little caption bits from the marines :unsure: its is just bloody brilliant.

Good job Ace Deboniar......now if I can only resist the temptation to "borrow" this for my DIY Chapter.

Lord Lee :lol:

Its hard to give C&C on information that isnt there (or has been removed by the inquisition).

Touché. :tu:

That explains the absence of any bowling-ball-related casualties on the idea list, at least. :)

Good job Ace Deboniar......now if I can only resist the temptation to "borrow" this for my DIY Chapter.

My only condition for you 'borrowing' this idea is that your armour must be predominantly Hawk Turquoise, like the SoD. :P

Edited by Ace Debonair

:( but I already painted them yellow Ace Debonair.......maybe if your ok with it I could do what the others have said and use the IA as a STC for my chapter. You would think I would have a name before I set out to paint a full battle company but well :) the name just won't seem to stick to the models as well as the paint does ;)

Lord Lee :P

The name isn't something you should rush, since it is how the majority of people on the Liber will be able to identify you and your chapter. Think on it, pray on it, consult the Emperor's Tarot on it, and just gnaw at it :) Eventually you will find something that strikes your A-Ha! nerve and you will set! Besides, there's no rush, feel free to post an IA calling your chapter 324-77-F5-B if you want, since the important thing is the content and character, not the name yet. As far permissions to use the SoD as a template, you need Ace's approval, but definitely don't sweat the name for now.

Shinzaren is completely wrong. You need only consult the Oracle de CMID. Hold on, I'm getting a vibe: P...U...R...I...F...I...E...R...S. Funny, that spells Purifiers. That's obviously what you should name your chapter.

Damn Oracle! If I got a dollar for everytime he said Purifiers... :)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU FOOL!!! Do you know what you have done!? What you have Unleashed?! You have DOOMED us ALL!!

*passes Shinzaren a cookie and pats him on the back while shaking his head*

Ludovic

Edited by Battle-Brother Ludovic

:( but I already painted them yellow Ace Debonair.......maybe if your ok with it I could do what the others have said and use the IA as a STC for my chapter. You would think I would have a name before I set out to paint a full battle company but well :lol: the name just won't seem to stick to the models as well as the paint does :)

Lord Lee :P

...Any chance of re-painting one of their kneepads?

I kid, I kid. :P

As far permissions to use the SoD as a template, you need Ace's approval, but definitely don't sweat the name for now.

Oh no, no. People can use this as a template as much or as often as they want, on the single and more sensible condition they post the resultant IA in the Liber.

I'll be able to tell at a glance who's used my IA as a template, anyway. ;)

So, going on the total absence of this IA from any of the entertaining dialogues going on, I'm assuming I should consider them 'done' for now?

EDIT: Spelt 'done' with two 'e's, then. Grrrr.

Edited by Ace Debonair

• 3 weeks later...
Just want to thank you for this one, Ace. Laughed the entire way through the IA and continued to do so into the comments. As far as C&C, not only is it more or less impossible due to the many deleted segments but I, for one, would not dream of suggesting changes to what is possibly the most refreshing and entertaining piece I have seen on the B&C for quite some time. Apparently, others share my sentiment. So cheers to you, friend Debonair, and may the Emperor preserve the function of gravity in your toilet bowl. Edited by InquisitorHayn

So cheers to you, friend Debonair, and may the Emperor preserve the function of gravity in your toilet bowl.

No worries. :P

I might add a sidebar, if I can think of anything to put in there. :tu:

Oh, and the toilet does indeed seem to be functioning adequately. Emperor be praised.

• 1 year later...

The Build Your Own Chapter form got completely meltaed as divisive. Which is a shame, because it was clever and funny and only offensive if you couldn't take a joke (God knows, most of my chapters fit it pretty well). The author did not have a backup. I'm still a little sad.

I've never really liked the Cosmic Space Knights (of Doom). It's not that funny, and it's far too aware that it's trying to be funny.

• 2 weeks later...

im not sure if iv seen the word DELETED used so many times in my life.....funny tho

The Inquisition can be like that sometimes, bless their cotton socks.:turned:

The best part is that because the =][= are so paranoid it's almost plausible this chapter could exist in 40k, if you sort of squint and don't really think about it too much in any way.:laugh.:

Also, cheers.

The threadromancy!  It burns us!  Buuuuurns usssssssss!

That said, I missed this thread the first time around.  Funny stuff :smile.:

It's ok, I'll get back to work on this IA and turn it into a convenient early resurrection... if I can think of anything to add to it.:unsure.:

Also, cheers.:biggrin.:

This and the "Build Your Own Chapter" form are the only pieces of comedy IA writing I've actually laughed at.

Batman doesn't laugh. Suspicious mode on!

On the other hand, that's pretty high praise if I can make even Batman chuckle.:happy.:

EDIT: For what it's worth, I think the Cosmic Space Knights (of Doom) are fantastic.

EDIT EDIT:

The formatting has sort of collapsed on itself, and I have no earthly idea how to fix it, because I am a pillock with little to no capacity for remembering anything useful.:wallbash:

Nor do I have any backup copies of my IAs because my last PC with all that stuff on went the way of the dodo not long back.

Anyone got any ideas on how I can fix this?

Edited by Ace Debonair