My DIY's

emperorslion

Burning Skulls

Colors: Maroon with ash gray hands, feet and face plate.

Emblem: bone skull surrounded by flame

Primogenitor: Salamanders

Founding: unknown

Homeworld: Calderus IV

Founded on a Manufactorum world, the Burning Skulls maintain a close relationship with the adeptus mechanicus. They have a significant number of techmarines. Their factories produce all manner of tanks and armor, even for the Imperial Guard. They also have a high number of dreadnoughts and tactical dreadnought suits. they seem to be drawn to using heat and flame based weapons.

Diablo Cazadores

Colors: Quartered crimson and white

Emblem: A demon's head with an arrow through it vertically, pointed downward.

Primogenitor: unknown

Founding: unknown

Homeworld: Fleet based

Based upon a reclaimed Space Hulk they found orbiting a gas giant in an uninhabited solar system, the Diablo Cazadores spent several hundred years scouting it, scouring it of xenos infestation and retrofitting it. They found it had a viable propulsion system and could be protected by a gellar field thereby making it into a usable space faring vessel called the Cazadore de Alma. The hulk and a small fleet of battle barges and other ships comprise the Cazadores home fleet. the Diablo Cazadores mission is to hunt down demon infestations in and around the Eye of Terror. They were active in the 13th black crusade.

Indigo Knights

Colors: Indigo

Emblem:a shield, half white, half black with a sword pommel visible above.

Primogenitor: Imperial Fists

Founding: 26th

Homeworld: The Indigo Knights have not been approved for a homeworld as of this writing.

The Indigo Knights is a fairly young chapter. Their exploits are not broadly known. They have yet to earn a homeworld and currently recruit from worlds they are called upon to defend. The chapter has shown itself to be defensive first, tactically, and offensive second. They are superb at holding objectives and denying the enemy theirs.

Night Raptors

Colors: Dark bluish gray quartered with black.

Emblem: on a black shoulder pad, a yellow emblem representing an owl.

Primogenitor: Ravenguard

Founding: 10th

Homeworld: Noccuous

Noccuous is a night world. It's many hives lit from the inside and it's civilized residents living permanently indoors. The indigenous population however, lives completely in the dark. Only small hearth fires are permitted as to not give away their position. They are the primary recruit base for the Night Raptors. The Night Raptors have saved dozens of worlds and the residents of them remain blissfully unaware they were even there.

Pit Vipers

Quark Hunters

Templars Luminescent

Ursa Brothers

Wrathful Sons

Zero Legion

MORE TO COME...

Edited by emperorslion

Hiya :D

That's a lot of ideas! Do you plan on working on them at the same time, or are you going to go through them individually? I ask as I tried to do 2 or three at once and I found it difficult to properly focus. Ideas I had for each would get mixed up and I ended up getting stuck :(

I look forward to seeing them all in more detail! B)

It's good to be young and ambitious... ^_^

Ah, this takes me back. :(

Take my advice, emperorslion - don't try to work on more than one Chapter at a time.

I tried to do four at once when I first turned up here, and nearly killed myself trying to do enough work on them all at the same time!

Anyway. Are these any use to you?

EDIT:

Nope, he's totally already got colours.

I'll just clean this mess up, haha.

Edited by Ace Debonair

Take my advice, emperorslion - don't try to work on more than one Chapter at a time.

I think emperorslion is using this thread as a one stop shop for all the chapters he is reclaiming in the 1,000 chapter project (see my sig). He seems to have quiet a few in there!

Philip

I think emperorslion is using this thread as a one stop shop for all the chapters he is reclaiming in the 1,000 chapter project (see my sig). He seems to have quiet a few in there!

Philip

Oh, right.

In that case my advice changes to 'slow but steady wins the race!' :D

EDIT:

Hold on, does that mean he's already got those colour schemes, and doesn't need the ones I posted?

Edited by Ace Debonair

Yeah, I have schemes for them, but yours look really good. You can check them out on the project page or on the Mia reclaim page.

Actually check them out here:

Burning Skull

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n15/jstogie1/BurningSkullm.jpg

Diablo Cazadores

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n15/jstogie1/DiabloCazadores-1.jpg

Indigo Knights

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n15/jstogie1/Indigoknight-1.jpg

Night Raptors

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n15/jstogie1/NightRaptorcopy.jpg

Edited by emperorslion

Burning Skulls

Founded on a Forge World

Forge Worlds are the sovereign territory of the Adeptus Mechanicus. Chapters of Adeptus Astartes are not founded, based, or stationed on Forge Worlds. They don't recruit from Forge Worlds, and maintain no presence anywhere near Forge Worlds. If a Forge World comes under attack, the Skitarii Legions and the Legio Titanicus are usually more than enough to repel any threat. Should a Forge World call for Marine aid, the Marines will be on world only until the crisis has past, and then they will get kicked off. The Adeptus Mechanicus is to secretive, insular, and generally unwelcoming to promote the idea of a Space Marine chapter having anything to do with their Forge Worlds.

Burning Skulls are adept in mechanized warfare. They have plenty of tanks, employing all variety of imperial armor, even ones normally reserved for the Imperial Guard. They also have a high number of dreadnoughts and tactical dreadnought suits.

Those vehicles are reserved for the Guard as part of treaties going back thousands of years. The division of power after the Heresy means that the Guard have their own equipment, the Astartes have their own equipment, and the Navy has their own equipment. You can't just power Imp Guard vehicles and hope no one notices. Secondly, for any/every role that a Guard vehicle can fulfill, there is an equivalent Space Marine vehicle, the sole exception to which are the Super Heavy tanks that the Space Marines will NEVER have access to, and the Basilik Artillery platform, the role of which is at least partially supplanted by the Whirlwind Artillery Battery. Without a good explanation for the Forge World issues and the Imperial Guard vehicle issues, the Burning Skulls seem a bit... unreal to me. However, they are your chapter, and if you don't care about the established fluff or shared universe over the Rule-Of-Cool, I completely understand ;) Forge Worlds are cool, I get that. They just aren't Space Marine world material.

Diablo Cazadores

Based upon a reclaimed Space Hulk called Cazadores de Alma, and a small fleet of accompanying ships, the Diablo Cazadores mission is to hunt down demon infestations in and around the Eye of Terror. Were active in the 13th black crusade.

If I recall correctly, the Imperium doesn't possess the technology to actually move/guide a vessel the size of a Space Hulk. They try and clean em out when they appear, but soon enough, the Hulk just disappears into the Warp until the next random occurrence. Seems like it'd be difficult to base a chapter here, since marines on deployment would literally always be wondering where home was. After all, you take this as your best, you have to deal unshielded warp jumps and all kinds of other problems. Again, just saying so you know :)

Noccuous is a night world. It's many hives lit from the inside and it's civilized residents living permanently indoors. The indigenous population however, lives completely in the dark. Only small hearth fires are permitted as to not give away their position. They are the primary recruit base for the Night Raptors. The Night Raptors have saved dozens of worlds and the residents of them remain blissfully unaware they were even there.

The marines of this chapter have unnaturally large eyes and extremely pale skin then? You have fish marines :P I wanna see them now! The problem with Night Worlds is that the adaptations required to exist on a world of permanent night time make the possible recruits seem sub-human or at least semi-human, having mutated in new and odd ways. Night Worlds are difficult to get right from a realistic stand point, but once again the Rule-Of-Cool can be used, and there is no judging allowed.

There ya go, some initial thoughts! You are certainly driven to create though, so I hope you'll go find my small attempt to help at least partially useful. Good luck!

Burning Skulls

Founded on a Forge World

Forge Worlds are the sovereign territory of the Adeptus Mechanicus. Chapters of Adeptus Astartes are not founded, based, or stationed on Forge Worlds. They don't recruit from Forge Worlds, and maintain no presence anywhere near Forge Worlds. If a Forge World comes under attack, the Skitarii Legions and the Legio Titanicus are usually more than enough to repel any threat. Should a Forge World call for Marine aid, the Marines will be on world only until the crisis has past, and then they will get kicked off. The Adeptus Mechanicus is to secretive, insular, and generally unwelcoming to promote the idea of a Space Marine chapter having anything to do with their Forge Worlds.

Burning Skulls are adept in mechanized warfare. They have plenty of tanks, employing all variety of imperial armor, even ones normally reserved for the Imperial Guard. They also have a high number of dreadnoughts and tactical dreadnought suits.

Those vehicles are reserved for the Guard as part of treaties going back thousands of years. The division of power after the Heresy means that the Guard have their own equipment, the Astartes have their own equipment, and the Navy has their own equipment. You can't just power Imp Guard vehicles and hope no one notices. Secondly, for any/every role that a Guard vehicle can fulfill, there is an equivalent Space Marine vehicle, the sole exception to which are the Super Heavy tanks that the Space Marines will NEVER have access to, and the Basilik Artillery platform, the role of which is at least partially supplanted by the Whirlwind Artillery Battery. Without a good explanation for the Forge World issues and the Imperial Guard vehicle issues, the Burning Skulls seem a bit... unreal to me. However, they are your chapter, and if you don't care about the established fluff or shared universe over the Rule-Of-Cool, I completely understand :blush: Forge Worlds are cool, I get that. They just aren't Space Marine world material.

Diablo Cazadores

Based upon a reclaimed Space Hulk called Cazadores de Alma, and a small fleet of accompanying ships, the Diablo Cazadores mission is to hunt down demon infestations in and around the Eye of Terror. Were active in the 13th black crusade.

If I recall correctly, the Imperium doesn't possess the technology to actually move/guide a vessel the size of a Space Hulk. They try and clean em out when they appear, but soon enough, the Hulk just disappears into the Warp until the next random occurrence. Seems like it'd be difficult to base a chapter here, since marines on deployment would literally always be wondering where home was. After all, you take this as your best, you have to deal unshielded warp jumps and all kinds of other problems. Again, just saying so you know :huh:

The marines of this chapter have unnaturally large eyes and extremely pale skin then? You have fish marines :P I wanna see them now! The problem with Night Worlds is that the adaptations required to exist on a world of permanent night time make the possible recruits seem sub-human or at least semi-human, having mutated in new and odd ways. Night Worlds are difficult to get right from a realistic stand point, but once again the Rule-Of-Cool can be used, and there is no judging allowed.

There ya go, some initial thoughts! You are certainly driven to create though, so I hope you'll go find my small attempt to help at least partially useful. Good luck!

I edited the Diablo Cazadores and Flaming Skulls a bit. See what ya think.

Also, physical environmental adaptations do not disqualify one from being human. Humans have evolved right here on earth, different eye shape, nose, hair, height... You name it. All to adapt to a specific environment. The natives of Noccuous have slightly larger eyes and pale skin, but this is acceptable and they pass the most stringent purity tests.

Edited by emperorslion

Diablo Cazadores

If I recall correctly, the Imperium doesn't possess the technology to actually move/guide a vessel the size of a Space Hulk. They try and clean em out when they appear, but soon enough, the Hulk just disappears into the Warp until the next random occurrence. Seems like it'd be difficult to base a chapter here, since marines on deployment would literally always be wondering where home was. After all, you take this as your best, you have to deal unshielded warp jumps and all kinds of other problems. Again, just saying so you know :HQ:

Space Hulks do often get recommissioned... by the Adeptus Mechanicus.

See Ark Mechanicus Omissiah's Victory entry:

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_Custom...ips_of_Mars.pdf

I recalled incorrectly it seems :lol: I stand corrected.

EDIT: It does say that they are POSSIBLY recovered Space Hulks ;) In either case, my argument that they couldn't move a vessel that size is incorrect. So Heru is still right.

Edited by Shinzaren