Thunder Drake Vulkurios Jetbike Conversion

Azrael Skyle

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/241/d/a/jetbike_assembly_tutorial_by_jkazrael-d4887t8.jpg

Ok here it Is My first Tutorial in 40k! So now let’s get started on how to make a easy Imperial Unique jetbike I will be showing in a set of pictures with the steps to make it in the below description so lets begin also below is a list of what you need to make it:

List:

1. A Space Marine Bike box set or a Ravenwing box set (recommended for a squad)

2. One Sanquinary Squad with the Wing Parts and the Jump pack end parts

3. a weapon set like a 40k Heavy weapon for example a plasma cannon or combine the bolters with the space marine bike.

4. One transparent stand or wood stick

5. Cutting knife

6. Glue

7. Space marine bike stand

Now lets get started with the assembly:

step 1: take the bike main parts and remove the Wheel extents to make the bike mud guards smooth along with removing the circle hooks for the Wheels to go on because this will help with making the Jetbike.

Step 2: Add the Bike Front Plate but first remove the sides so that it looks like in the second image looks like along with glueing the bike base for the foot grips (note remove the lines underneath this part because it will be needed for later) and attach the bike handles

Step 3: On the bottom of the bike, smooth out the flat surface of the space marine bike wheels and glue them as shown. As for the back of the bike, cut a wheel by picking two opposite sides of the wheel and cutting so they fit into the rear gap of the bike to use as the thruster. Also add a heavy weapon to the front gap where the front Bike wheel should be placed I recommend a Plasma cannon or a Heavy bolter from tank spare parts and let it dry for 15 mins keeping the gun to be straight.

Step 4: Attach the Sanquinary Guard wings where they are shown in the image on the bike along with adding the sanquinary Guard jump pack end bit on the rear wheel center acting as the Jetbike thrusters.

Step 5: final steps is to cut a transparent Stand to a low level and glue onto a space marine Bike stand being careful to get it in line with the bike so the model does not lunge out of line with the stand. Then Finally assemble the space marine rider like a space marine biker would normally be assembled however the rear wings might make it a little difficult to glue in place but after some patience and rearranging it can work.

So That's my Tutorial to Make my Version of a Imperial Jetbike and I would like your feedback on what you thought of it was it good? was it bad? and why so?

• 4 weeks later...
I like it very much, although I might not use the sanguinary wings and make a new prow out of plasticard instead to save on parts. Using the multimelta could make it a very nice 'counts-as' attack bike.

Archived